“Small family style with great ambiance”

Krua Thai Classic Restaurant
Reserve with
Krua Thai Classic Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I ws taken here by a business friend and thoroughly enjoyed every minute - though I ate to much. Having read some of the other reviews I can only concur - it is a very nice restaurant. Only reason it does not get a 5 is because it is more gourmand than gourmet. It lacks the true "finesse."

Be sure to reserve before.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I went with a friend yesterday having dinner in this thai restaurant in the center of Amsterdam,
The menu is interesting and we chose the complete menu at Eur 29,50.
Very typical and originla thai food with fantastic taste, prices are not cheap but quality is excellent,
If you like thai food go there, to be recommended !

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful service, delicious Thai cuisine in a lovely setting! The the Red Curry Cat fish...so tender and delicious! We Loved it...highly recommend!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I took clients to this thai restaurant and they loved it. One was even a vegetarian, we left the selection of our food in the hands of the waiters (risky I know) but it turned out to be a great thing to do. Chef came out and brought some of his specialities to our table - all in all it was great food and great experience.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Went here last Sunday. Food was pretty good I had only 3 dishes so difficult to judge the whole restaurant with this. But the pepper leaves filled with coconut and lemon grass among others was very good indeed as well as my steamed catfish, lovely zingy taste.
Now service is something they need to work on make it more consistent and adapt the style to the customer. The owner or chief waiter not sure, is very chatty and even though this is great he asks a bit too often for some people how the food is etc. I am chatty myself like to learn and get to know people so we talked about food and dishes and joked around a bit. But this is not for everybody. Another male waiter was much more balanced and Thai like, no comments there. But the young Thai woman who settled the bill with me has been in Holland too long and took over some of the typical rudeness and bluntness of the Dutch (I am Dutch by the way). While I was talking to her and trying to pay she was not looking at me, sending messages on her blo.. smart phone and of course screwed up with entering the amount which I had not seen and paid only 10 % of the bill. Honest as I am I pointed this out to her and suggested she should focus on her work. No apologies no nothing. She would be out the door if it would have been my restaurant I can tell you. I will go back to try some of their other dishes. BTW wanted mango sticky rice dessert, but he said no good mangos we do not make it now. Now this is better than some of the places that still serve it with crappy mangos etc. Yes you can ask any dish and tehy make it for you maybe I should take Thompson's Thai food bible :)