1,179 results
All reviewshonesty barberry marcelthe red light districtbarber chaircentral stationcourtyard roomhonor barquirky hotellittle touchesyogurtquiet canalexcellent hostsmini fridgeevery morningthe ground floorfirst floordutch pancakes
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Barry and Marcel were excellent hosts. They were very helpful with email correspondence before the trip. Mauro Mansion is located feet from the train station and located close to everything. Excellent home made breakfast each morning with local Dutch touches. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable with heated bathroom floors. Located directly on the canal it is very picturesque. Very well done.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2011

The Mauro is in the middle of the old town and eventhough calm. The holders Berry & Marcel are always around if you need them and give informations about everything you would like to know. The breakfast is healthy, the quality is high and we go everything our heard disired. Every morning Berry or Marcel brought somethin special, like the small Dutch pankakes or vanillia yoghurt with fresh stawberries or breakfast cakes...hm lovely! The room was very nice and clean. If ever we come back to Amsterdam we will stay again in the Mauro Manison!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2011

The Hotel is in a perfect location, just one minute from the station/china town/red light district etc. but in a silent and safe road. From outside the Hotel appears like a private home (which it is for the owners) and also inside You feel home very quickly. There is a breakfast room with kitchen. Guests are free to serve themselves and just then honestly remember what they had and pay for it. Minibar is free. The shower was perfect, built in on the ground, not a tub and the room itself was very specially designed, modern but also with antique furniture as well as a 2nd floor with a metal cage (for decoration or what ever You like...).
TV+DVD player and a supply of DVDs in the kitchen. The perfect place to stay for a reasonable price and have the feeling You have Your own apatement in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pocky1
Reviewed February 5, 2011

I never write reviews but feel obligated to write this one since I had such an enjoyable stay at this hotel just a week ago. The location was fabulous. It was a short walk to the train station and DAM square and the Anne Frank house. It was only about 5-10 minutes from the Red light district too. My room was very modern and comfortable and I had a fabulous view from my window. Sitting in the old barber's chair, sipping wine, overlooking the canal, and watching the night fall was quite enjoyable. Many great restaurants are located close by. Barry was an excellent host. He gave me recommendations for restaurants as well as looking up train times for me so I could get to the airport. I especially enjoyed the free wi-fi in the hotel. The hosts make you feel very "at home" in their hotel. I would definitely stay here again and can't say enough about it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ScubagirlDiane
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Had a marvellous couple of days in Amsterdam, excellent recommendations and assistance from the hosts, who also helped us out over a huge mix up.
I guess we didn't have the best room, on the top floor looking out over a roof, however as we wasn't in it during many daylight hours it didn't matter. Our friends did have an excellent room on the ground floor tho'.
I'm not going to repeat what lots of other people have said, suffice to say, if you stay here you won't go wrong, it's all true what has been written.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends