“Best pizza in Amsterdam. Excellent service, too!”
Review of La Perla

La Perla
Ranked #96 of 3,853 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Description: In the heart of the Amsterdam neighborhood known as 'De Jordaan', there is a street popularly known as 'Little Italy'. This street owes its nickname to the relatively large amount of high standard Italian restaurants in the area. Only one of these makes pizzas: La Perla.We've built a large wood fueled brick oven, which is essential to baking a great pizza. You can take away our pizzas, or - when in the Jordaan, do as the Jordanezen do - eat in the pizzeria, have an espresso or a dessert and enjoy the lively in- and outdoor scene.
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Best pizza in Amsterdam. Excellent service, too!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The food was so good here we went back twice. The pizza tastes very fresh, delicious ingredients + served brick oven style. Very cool to sit at your table and watch your pizza being cooked across the street in their oven....then hustled back across the street to you.

NYCer here so kind of a pizza snob -- I think its at the top of my "best pizza I've had" list.

We found the waitresses to be exceptionally friendly and warm (and fast!) The manager or owner was also floatin' around, asking tables how the food was. Obviously managed well.

Overall, A+++ for pizza in Amsterdam. Would be on my list of "gotta check it out" to anyone visiting.

• Visited August 2013

• Hebrew first
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great pizza!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Simple, yummy and authentic wood fired pizza in the middle of Jordaan. They don't slice the pizza so be ready for a little fight with the fork and knife.
It gets packed so reservation in the evenings might be a good idea.

Visited August 2013
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Amsterdams best pizza”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Having lived in Amsterdam for a long time it was always a struggle to find a good pizza.
Don't look any further; La Perla serves great pizza in one of the nicer dining streets in Amsterdam with friendly service and good wines.
Will go back soon for pizza and the tiramisu, which I hope will be as spectactular as the pizza.
Cheers.

• Visited August 2013
“Best pizza”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Really fast & good service for one of the best pizzas that I've tasted outside (& some places in Italy)! A lot of toppings & the dough is just soooo good! Man I want another now!

Visited August 2013
Kalispell, Montana
“The best...”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stumbled on this pizza place last summer while strolling through the Jordaan. I was blown away by how good the pizza was. Returning this summer with my wife, I was wondering if she would find it as wonderful as I had. After tasting the pizza, she understood why I had been raving about it for a year. I was pleased to find that La Perla now has a traditional sit down restaurant across the street from the original location. Previously, they were basically a location with a pizza oven and a counter with a few stools. After a few bites of her pizza, my wife suggested we eat there again. We made reservations for the very next night. La Perla's ingredients are flown in daily from Italy. Although the pizzas don't come cheaply, the quality is worth every penny. Simply stated, this is the best pizza I have had anywhere in the world...and I've had a few!

Visited July 2013