All reviews eco friendly hotel sky bar great concept a la carte breakfast nice modern hotel loved our stay tram tickets rooms are comfortable cleaning staff city centre two nights central station great place to stay would stay again perfect location reception bedroom
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2020

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for one night at the start of December. I gave my feedback upon checking out, but was met with such disdain I decided to email my feedback again. When I received no response, I sent my feedback to the manager. Again, no response. I am therefore now posting it here in order for other paying customers to be well-informed.
My partner and I stayed in your hotel on Saturday 7th December for one night. Including parking, our bill came to almost €170. Given the high price, and that this did not even include breakfast, we felt that we could expect to have a very comfortable night’s stay. Unfortunately this was not the case, and we were left bitterly disappointed due to:

enormous cobwebs in the bedroom, in every corner of the room and hanging from the ceiling above the bed;
the bathroom tap can barely be operated with cold water due to its fitting - only warm or hot water was available;
the glass, sliding bathroom door is a complete safety hazard - it hangs only from the top, feels incredibly unstable and difficult to operate;
uncomfortable bed and pillows which has left us with back pain - although we realise this is subjective;
the lamp in the bathroom operated on a sensor when we had to get up in the night. Very useful, however, it did not go off by itself - very inconvenient;
the coffee machine is on a shelf where you cannot use it - it is impossible to open the lid without removing the shelf above!

Date of stay: December 2019
Vacation04757444046, Front Office Manager at Hotel Breeze Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 792kirstinb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am disappointed to learn that you are dissatisfied with room and the costumer service. I kindly request for you to connect with me directly via dhover@breezeamsterdam.com so that I can look into your matter into more detail. We can only learn and improve.

I would like to suggest to always confirm and check the location of a property as this is not something I or my teams can change and is the responsibility of the booking person to decide if it is ideal or not.

I look forward to hearing from you.

With kind regards,

Daphne Hover - Stienstra

Reviewed December 29, 2019

Great hotel, amazing idea being all eco friendly! Great location just a short 5 min walk from the 26 tram which starts at the stop near you and ends in Centaal station. Takes about 20 mins! Bed was hard, however slept really well! Pillows were super comfy. My room keys worked fine - the staff show you how to use them properly so just pay attention:)
Only slight complaint which really is not the end of the world at all is that if someone next you to is going in and out of there room you really can hear it. However this was only a problem a handful of times and not a game changer. Overall an amazing hotel and would 100% recommend!

Reviewed December 25, 2019 via mobile

Our first Christmas together and we couldn't have chosen a better hotel.

Christmas dinner was the most delicious and spectacular meal I've ever eaten. It was taken to a new level by being treated to see the care and attention going into the preparation of each dish in the immaculate open kitchen. Each course was breathtaking.

The whole hotel is modern and comfortable. The bedroom was comfortable without being indulgent and the service was superb from reception to room service to bar. All with the additional inspiration of being ecologically aware. It invites guests to think about their footprint on the planet. If you like comfort and delicious food with a conscience, book a trip to AmDam, stay at Breeze and don't forget to carbon offset if your flying

Reviewed December 21, 2019

The Breeze hotel is a neat idea. Very clean with lovely decor in the room. We also enjoyed the breakfast. The neighborhood feels quite out of the way but only a 15 minute tram to central Amsterdam which comes very frequently. One big downside for us was the bed. It's very hard and not comfortable for a large hotel. I'm not sure if we would stay again for that reason.

Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

Amazing 100% sustainable hotel, lovely team on the front desk who look after you from the moment you arrive, early check in no problem!, late check out easy to arrange!, we arrived at 10am for a 3pm check in no problem we have a room for you! Sherif is a star!

Trip type: Traveled with friends