“Welcoming!”
Review of Asia Dam

Asia Dam
Ranked #3,144 of 3,806 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
“Welcoming!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were in a tour group by Bestour and we had lunch at this delightful restaurant on 2/2/14. Our lunch was prearranged by the tour company, nevertheless it was surprisingly delicious. I do believe had I had the opportunity to order from their menu, it would be even better. The view from the dining room overlooking the Dam Square and it's surroundings was lovely. Above all, we felt welcomed and at home with the staff and the owners compared to most of the Chinese restaurants we had frequented on our tour. Even though they were so busy , yet they took time to chat a bit and that's a very important personal touch. Should I be in Amsterdam next time, I'll definitely be back.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Peggy T

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Auckland
“Great service good food”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Restaurant was empty which was worrying but service couldnt be better and food was delicious, fair price.

• Visited December 2013
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Delicious & Excellent food !”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The restaurant is Fantastic. Food is cooked fresh for you when you order and you can eat as much as you like as long as you finish a round at a time. You pick up to 5 items each per round over five rounds and choose from many items! Food is great quality. Large prawns, fresh salmon, delicious Sushi´s and tender meats!

The restaurant is clean and friendly and worth every euro´s each!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Very good food and services”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Just had a great night at asia@dam. I ordered roaster duck and that was very delicious. I had eaten roastered duck in many restaurants, this is just one of the best i ever had. I recommend people that want try roastered duck in Amsterdam.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“avoid at all costs”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The worst Asian restaurant in my experience (I'm Asian myself, I visit on a weekly base asian restaurants :P).
Waitresses are very impolite/rude (even for Asian standards), especially with tourists. The food was awful: too oily and some things smell sour, like they were off (which might have explained the cause of my diarrhea the same evening..).
Please avoid at all costs. You are better off at the McDonalds or KFC in one of the other streets near the Dam.

4 Thank Jimmy W