“Great place with good, lively atmosphere but always busy”
Review of Smokey Coffeeshop

Smokey Coffeeshop
Ranked #40 of 288 Nightlife in Amsterdam
Gloucestershire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great place with good, lively atmosphere but always busy”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We visited this place a few times, nice coffeeshop, big tables, good for large groups (unlike some coffeeshops). Drinks weren't the cheapest but weren't as high as some places. all in all a good place to hang but bear in mind that it is a lively, party atmosphere not a chilled hang out. Also, the few times we went we never had to pay to use the loos.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank shirer

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great place, gets really busy, though. ”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

On pur second visit to Amsterdam, we made a point to return here. Staff are friendly and helpful and there is always a great atmosphere. They do charge to use the loo but a lot if places do out there. Both times we have visited off season and was always busy so can only imagine the summer crowds! Hot chocolate there is exceptional, and there are pool tables and table football to keep you amused. No comments on the weed as we consumed outside product although space cakes there are delicious!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not the best ...”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

U have to pay for toilet and the served beer kronenbourg is alc. free!
Nice music, friendly staff, but ... The special feeling was missing. That's what I expect.

1 Thank David L
Cardiff
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great place”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Smokey has the right idea: inexpensive coffees, fresh juices and simple snacks, with entertainment provided by pool tables and a massage chair. Overall its a great place for to chill out, with quick service by friendly staff. On our first visit we did have to pay to use the toilet but since its was the cleanest toilet I used in any Amsterdam coffeeshop I didn't mind at all! The second time, on a Sunday, there was ho charge so it might depend on how busy the place is.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“good espresso, no comments about prices”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I went to Smokey just on my walk tour in downtown.
In the previous day I went to another shop near my hotel and haven't finish my gram, since I was in the place and consuming some 'outside' product I thought it would be reasonable and have a coffee there (the funny is that the first shop I went had a broken coffee machine).
It's really touristic. They're all nearby. Just drop by around noon. Clients were somehow recovering from last night with beer. That's okay. I had a good espresso for 2€.
Although I might assume that I prefer "low-profile" shops.

Visited December 2012