“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #87 of 361 Hotels in Amsterdam
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Wyndham Apollo hotel is situated outside Amsterdam in a quiet area close to the RAI centre where we attended an international event.
When we booked in we were informed we had been given a free upgrade which was lovely. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and included tea and coffee making facility. The staff where pleasant and helpful. We did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the food.
If I return to Amsterdam I would certainly stay in this great value for money hotel .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Caz M
ApolloAmsterdam, General Manager at Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear sir/madam,

The Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam would like to thank you very much for taking the time to remark on your stay.

I am happy to hear that the hotel did meet up to your expectations and that you enjoyed your overall stay. Also I am happy to hear that you found the staff to be very friendly.

I look forward welcoming you again at the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam.

General Manager - Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Houston, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed with my family had a great experiance hotel is very clean it is a 4 star, I dont understand the negative reviews hotel staff was very helpfull and polite especialy a young lady named karin she was very helpfull she answered all my questions and didnot hesitat to help me with anything, will stay here agian when i go back to amsterdam. Location is a not in the center or near the atractions but the staff showed me how to get to all the atractions by nearby tram very helpfull got there every day in 10 - 15 minutes. nice and quiet area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank frankasio
Dear sir/madam,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us. Your experience at our hotel is very important to us. Your comments will help us to improve our total service.

Your kind words about the staff and the hotel itself are really appreciated. It is nice to hear the hotel met up all your expectations and that you had a great stay in Amsterdam.

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam and we are looking forward to welcome you back!

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Very pretty hotel tucked away from the main center of amsterdam with a gorgeous back patio on the canals. Very peaceful, clean and nice. Not close to the center though so if you want convenience of travel to and fro main parts of amsterdam, then look elsewhere. A great place for a nice, quiet retreat.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Amreen B
Dear sir/madam,

I do hope you enjoyed your time in Amsterdam. Although our hotel is located right outside the busy part of the city centre, all places of interest are within easy reach by foot or tram (stop location 5 minutes from the hotel). It is therefore unfortunate that we as hotel could not inform you well enough about the great location of the Wyndham Apollo Hotel between the lively city centre and the nice calmed south area of Amsterdam and with all main museums on walking distance.
I look forward welcoming you again at the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam.

General Manager – Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam
Staff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 4 night from the 2-6 of Jan and were completely impressed with our room. It was cleaned spotless every day and we also received fresh towels. The bed was so comfy we found it quite hard on two occasions to get out of it.
The bathroom was clean and modern and also had a power shower, very nice after a long days walk.

Its location for us was not an issue as it’s only a 4 minute walk to the tram line where you can get either the number 5 or 24 into the centre of Amsterdam.

There were only a couple of issues with the hotel that I can think of, firstly there were no robes in the rooms, and after a shower I think it’s always nice to have one, not a major issue as we didn’t even ask at the front desk for one, just got under the covers instead.

And the second, the price of food and spa were far too high for us. 22.50 euros for breakfast and 90 euros for a massage were a bit too steep for us, especially when bagels and bean just down the road cost about 17 euro for two.

As I said these weren’t really an issue for us as every day we got up and went straight into town.
Would defiantly recommend this hotel to friends and family and when we go back we'll be re-visiting this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Stu201185
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Your feedback is very important to us and I assure you that we will use this information to improve our service.

I do hope you enjoyed your time in Amsterdam. Although our hotel is located right outside the busy part of the city centre, all places of interest are within easy reach by foot or tram (stop location 5 minutes from the hotel). The hotel also offers a bike and scooter rental to explore the city in your own tempo and on a typical Dutch way.
I am sorry the read that you experienced our extras services as expensive. I will inform my colleagues with your notes.

I enjoyed reading the nice comments about the bed, a good sleep is a good start of the day!

I do hope to welcome you again at the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam in the near future.

Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Business hotel, close to RAI Convention and exposition center; try to get a room facing the chanel; the hotel hires bikes ( the best part of my business experience) anf fastest way to get the way to anywhere.

Far from the center but localized in a charming and quiet zone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank AndreiJ
ApolloAmsterdam, General Manager at Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am happy to hear that you had nice stay in our hotel and that you enjoyed the view on the canals.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam.

Amsterdam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have literally never met a more unprofessional, rude or downright aggressive manager in my life, the room had a ventilation problem meaning we had a loud whistling noise in our room both nights, internal telephone system didn't work meaning it would have been easier to run down to the kitchen than order room service

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

5 Thank Russell J
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to improve our services.

I am really sorry to hear that there was an error in the ventilation system during your stay in the room. I have informed our Technical Department about the issue and they will make sure that the ventilation error is solved.
I take the comment about the attitude of the staff very serious and I can assure you that this will be discussed internally.

I hope that the city Amsterdam has fulfilled all your wants and needs and that you had a great stay in the heart of the city.

I do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and we hope to may welcome you again in the near future at the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam.

General Manager – Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam