“High quality hotel with fantastic canal views”

Apollo Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #102 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“High quality hotel with fantastic canal views”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Located not to far outside the city centre, this hotel is well designed, extremely comfortable and very well located for fantastic views of the canal junction outside. Be sure to ask for canal views.

Particularly excellent and friendly front counter staff made my stay a very pleasant one indeed. Unfortunately, the breakfasting room was rather busy the morning I visited, much too crowded but overall a decent selection and comfortable environment.

Room Tip: Ask for a canal view room at check in.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ApolloAmsterdam, General Manager at Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear sir/madam,

The Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam would like to thank you very much for taking the time to remark on your stay.

I am happy to hear that the hotel did meet up to your expectations and that you enjoyed your overall stay. Also I am happy to hear that you found the staff to be very friendly.

I look forward welcoming you again at the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam.

General Manager, Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Winchester
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed at the Hotel this week as I was attending a conference.
The best part of the hotel is the staff who were pleasant and attentive.
Hotel is a bit shabby (see photos of the carpet in the room). I stayed in room 207.
Basic requests like a feather pillow were "no can do" so you have to live with their lumpy foam pillows.
Breakfast is pretty basic for Euro's 20+.

Dear sir/madam,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us. Your experience at our hotel is very important to us. Your comments will help us to improve our total service.

Your kind words about the staff are really appreciated and I will make sure that my colleagues are informed about your nice words.

I do apologize that the room did not meet up your expectations. Our hotel is partly renovated and we are planning on renovating the rest of the rooms in the near future. Thank you for the comment about the pillows. I will definitely see if we can offer a wider choice of pillows in the near future to our guests.

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam and we are looking forward to welcome you back.

General Manager, Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam
Antigua, Guatemala
Reviewed October 14, 2012

A little out of town but good value for money. Very comfortable rooms. Clean and tidy. Avoid the car park as crazy prices to keep your car there. Also the wifi you have to pay for. But all in all a very reasonable hotel at €90 a night.

2 Thank ahoythere48
Dear madam,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and complimenting our hotel rooms. Your feedback is very important to us and I assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

I am really sorry to hear from you that you experience car parking in Amsterdam as expensive. For your next stay I would like to ask you to contact the hotel, our concierge service can inform about parking possibilities and prices.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam in the near future.

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is the best location you can get, close to shopping, grate restaurants and down town night life.
Old and dated rooms, however they are updating them. Staff are a bit snobby but I would blame there lack of customer service on management. For years this was the top hotel in Amsterdam but the new ownership has let the place go. Shame. I would still reccomend it but not for much longer..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rik M
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and complimenting the location of the hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to improve our services.

I am really sorry to hear that your room did not meet up your expectations. The Wyndham Apollo Hotel has different room types available; standard, executive and suites. We have partly renovated the hotel and we are planning on renovating the rest of the room in the near future. Please not that all our executive rooms have been renovated already.
I take the comments about the attitude of the staff very seriously and have discussed this with the team.

I do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and we hope to may welcome you again in the near at Wynham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam!

Mesquite, Nevada
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our first visit to Amsterdam with all the usual apprehension of the "unknowns"--this hotel made us feel very comfortable and right at home. Great location for walking or biking almost anywhere you would need or wish to go. Staff very accommodating; rooms could use a bit of updating. Nice to have a hot pot in room with tea and coffee. Breakfast buffet with view of canal exceeded expectations- wonderful variety of hot and cold fare. Would stay there again and would recommend it to anyone who asked. Loved Amsterdam--very walkable city and much to expeience-enjoy!

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Melanie G
Dear madam,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and complimenting the location of the hotel. Your feedback is very important to us.
I enjoyed reading your positive part about the service of the staff, I will make sure that the team will be informed about this.

I would like to inform you about the updating of the rooms, we have partly renovated the hotel and we are planning on renovating the rest of the rooms in the near future. Please not that all our executive rooms have been renovated already.

Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 7, 2012

A good hotel, with nice, clean and spacious rooms. The hotel is located close to the Hilton Hotel, close to de RAI, and close to the city center. Staff is professional and friendly, the hotel offers private parking.

Hotels in Amsterdam are very expensive and the Apollo is no exception. Compared to similar quality hotels elsewhere in western Europe, you will realise that Amsterdam is very expensive.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear sir/madam,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and complimenting the location of the hotel and the size of the rooms. Your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to improve our services.

I am really sorry to hear from you that you experience Amsterdam as an expensive city. For your next stay I would like to inform you that on our website the best rate is guaranteed for the specific period.