“Delicious!”

Winkel 43
Ranked #5 of 102 Dessert in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, Cafe, European
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Description: Winkel 43 is located on the Noordermarkt. It's in the heart of the Jewish quarter the ‘Jordaan’, which is known for its friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Because of its privileged location you'll be able to enjoy your coffee or lunch on our terrace on sunny days all year round. Winkel opens early in the morning till late at night. In the area our homemade apple pie became a general well known delicacy. Therefore tasting a slice is considered a must.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Wonderful Apple pie and excellent service! The place is small and I had to wait a little, but it was worth it.

• Visited January 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Good food and it's true about the pie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

First time in Amsterdam, arrived in the evening and took a stroll to find somewhere to eat, after striking out with no reservation at a few places we passed a little local joint that was buzzing, no English on the menu outside (winkel) we went in and greeted by a friendly guy offering translation before we even spoke. The food was a good standard, fresh and full of flavour, reasonably prices we paid about 34 euros for x2 mains + a small beer each... And a slice of the infamous apple pie! Definitely worth a visit

1 Thank ad_rav
“The best apple pie in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited winkel 43, especially to hunt down the glorified apple pie we had been reading about on trip advisor! It was a beautiful walk through jordaan to find it aswell (my favorite area of Amsterdam) and was pretty easy to find, which is a bonus in itself! The atmosphere of the cafe is really relaxed and welcoming and has a cute decor inside. The waiter gave us enough time to read the menu but was aware we were there and took our orders as soon as he saw we were ready. My boyfriend and I got a coffee and an apple pie with cream each. Oh boy!!! The apple pie was perfectly cooked; sweetly spiced apple pieces, in a moist, buttery cake crust *droool* with a neutralizing cream. Mmmmmm. The coffee there is also really good- best we had in jordaan (and we visited 3-4 well known cafes). I didn't try any other food but highly reccomend winkel for its famous apple pie!!!

• Visited January 2014
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Purdy dang good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I'm a frequent visitor to Amsterdam and this place keeps popping up on my restaurant searches. Finally dropped in early on a Saturday night--the place was heaving but I managed to find a table in the corner. Wasn't sure what to expect because a lot of people were there to drink versus done. Nutshell: phenomenal service even among chaos. I took the waiter's suggestion and had a rustic Dutch meatball stew (even over more interesting gastro pub mains). Whew, you would trade your grandma for this stew straight up. Fresh, savory, perfectly appointed with carrot and turnip laced mashed and a ground mustard so good you would eat it alone. The apple pie lived up to all the other reviews--send grandma's recipe along with her. What a surprise.

York, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I were exploring the city and happened upon Winkel 43. This was in the month of June and we ate outside (dinner) at a table facing the street. We both had the pork and mashed potatoes and then shared an apple tart. The food was delicious and we had great service as well. I would definitely recommend Winkel 43 for a nice meal.

• Visited June 2013