“Traditional Dutch Food”

Stoop & Stoop Eetcafe
Reserve with
Stoop & Stoop Eetcafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 4,136 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The atmosphere was that of a traditional Dutch Cafe. The food was also traditional and was good although nothing exceptional. We both had fish (seemingly quite difficult to find in Amsterdam). The pair of soles were quite small and you had to work hard to get something from them. I had salmon which was a little over cooked. Service was good and the staff friendly.

1  Thank Mike H

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Visited the restaurant as a single and made to feel very welcome.Service was very quick and efficient and the food was spot on,and was very well priced for Amsterdam.I would visit again the next time I'm in Amsterdam.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

A friendly setting although a bit crowded because it's a small restaurant. The food is of good quality and the service is friendly. It's a typical Dutch eatery that serves pub food and some typical Dutch dishes and starters. I especially like their Thai Salad, a spicy noodle salad with beef. Their main meat dishes are right up my alley as well.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This a smallish restaurant in a street full of them and you have to run the gauntlet of people trying to entice you into their places.

We received a friendly welcome and were shown to a table outside which was nice on a very warm evening. There is an extensive menu and competively priced. The service in general was very good & helpful.

We enjoyed our meal here but have to say we had better during our trip. We didn't think the portions were as large as previously claimed and the lamb I had was a little overcooked for my taste. But overall it was good and value for money.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We found this restaurant using trip advisor. It was quite small and we found two seats at the bar. I got the special which was chicken on top of pesto and came with a salad. It was a ton of food and very reasonably priced. The staff were very friendly too.