“Great staff and good value of money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of France Hotel Amsterdam

France Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #305 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Great staff and good value of money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

After I keep looking for hostel or low price hotel for 3 hours I couldn't find any place to sleep and when it comes 3 am I been under rain and homeless even after I checked all hotels around except 5 starts hotels because it was out of my budget then I found that place and luckily I found one room with 55 euro and also they offer me break fast and it was great night there

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kasem A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sofia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

To start wth the positive things, location is really good.Everything is in walking distance. Breakfast is in the next door Irish pub and was very good. The girl at the front desk was kind and helpful.On the negative side, price we paid for the room was too high for its quality. The room was small, not cleaned well and no windows,old stains from water leaks in the bathroom.Having in mind the location of the hotel it's a waste owners don't improve its quality.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Travel_reality_82

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Tallinn, Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Having stayed at this hotel before I knew what to expect, therefore I booked a Canal view room, and it was worth it, the room is bigger than the other rooms and you actually see something out of the window besides a brick wall. True the hotel desperately needs some refurbishment, everything is quite old and worn down, but then again the location is superb and the next door irish pub "Molly Malone " is just great, the breakfast is sufficient so are the meals they serve during the day.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: book a canal view room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night while on a business visit, if I was with my wife we would have gone to another hotel and ask for a refund. The room was filthy including the sheets and in very bad repair with the curtains falling down and water stains on the ceiling. The worse thing is as there were bed bugs. I only spotted them in the morning otherwise I would not have stayed the night. The breakfast was very poor. When I complained to reception about the bed bugs all they said was that it was terrible. The only good thing was the canal view.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank Jonty98
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

A return visit to this hotel which is reasonably priced and in an excellent location. when booking a room pay the extra for a canal view. The location is why this hotel should be considered, Near the railway station, major tram lines and easy walking distance to the main shopping area and landmarks. The room was average, yes it was not sparking clean and could have done with a make over, but it is what it is. The pub next door Molly Malones serves good breakfast on behalf of the hotel. Use this hotel if having a short city break.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank alitalk
Blackpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife and I arrived at this hotel around 12:00 hours on the 16th of April 2014.
The receptionist was fine, but not totally enthusiastic, a bit 'matter of fact'. "I'm only doing a job and I'm not really that bothered".
We were given the keys to our room, number 307, We went to the lift and went up to the third floor. The cleaners were cleaning the rooms on both sides of the corridor. We past some rooms on our right hand side and they looked poor. I hoped our room would be better. The ones on the left hand side, overlooking the canal, looked much better. Alas, our room was situated at the rear of the 'hotel', on the right hand side. On opening the room door we found there was only one window, at the very top of the room, allowing light. Disappointed as we were, my wife started to examine every aspect of the room. There was another window, obscured by the an old wardrobe, with curtains that were hanging off the rail. The pillow case was taken off and my wife was horrified at the actual pillow which was very stained. She was not going to sleep on that pillow. I was dispatched to get some new pillows, and the new receptionist was a bit more helpful and we were given two new ones.
On leaving the hotel on our first trip out, waiting for the lift, we noticed the dust, beside the lift was at least a quarter of an inch deep. The cleaner obviously vacuums where the machine fits. The door to the ensuite toilet has an air vent at the bottom. It has never been cleaned. ( I have never been compelled to do a review before, so I hope there is a way of inserting photos) The manager, if there is one, the cleaner, and the people involved in this hotel, without too much persuasion, could, make this the three star hotel it is supposed to be. We were totally disappointed, although, after reading the other reviews there are some good points, mainly the location, and a decent breakfast being served in the Irish bar (Molly Malones) next door.

There is much more (negative) things I could say, but please (hopefully) just look at the photos.

JIB

Room Tip: Inist on a room overlooking the canal
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank barneybear1971
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Im not your typical brit that moans and says this and that, i read the reviews and thought ill make my own decision, first impression its run down but in the heart of the red light district next to a gay bar.

room was ok was a bit clean the bed sheets were stained.

we were woken up to scurrying in the middle of the night to find a mouse trying to get in my suitcase, after my mother screaming and me having to go down stairs to report it the receptionist moved us rooms but didn't care.

Ive stayed in 2 stars 1 stars hostels, gone camping and NOTHING has ever given me that experience pure filthy AVOID at all costs!

If i could give it a zero mark it would get a zero.

the only positive was the irish bar attached.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family