“Great food and friendly staff”
Review of Ganesha

Ganesha
Reserve with
Ganesha is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #516 of 4,190 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We found this place about 9:30 p.m. on a Friday. The restaurant was quiet full and the staff immediately greeted us with a warm welcome. The staff was friendly throughout the whole meal. We get excellent Indian food in Chicago and this was some of the best Indian food we have ever had. We would definitely go back if in Amsterdam and would highly recommend this restaurant to others.

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

After a considerable time I have returned to my quest to test all the Indian restaurants in Amsterdam so you don't have too. This time I find myself in Ganesha after a short shopping spree on Saturday. I have been wanting to try this one for a while as it has been quite high on Trip Advisor. For an early sat evening it was surprisingly busy with about 15 people inside.

The decor was a charming, days of the Raj stuff and low Indian background music. I was able to take my benchmark meal in here which was sheek kebab and lamb/chicken balti. This time I took the lamb on the recommendation of the waitress.

The sheek lamb was a perfect starter size with two kebabs about 10cm long with a fresh salad. It was about average for this type of thing but in terms of Amsterdam was one of the best I has tried.

The Lamb Balti I asked to be made a bit hotter as the standard in Amsterdam is very mild. The Lamb was about the best I have had anywhere but the sauce needed a bit more depth of flavour and the spiciness was entirely missing. I will ask for phall strength next time.

The service was efficient and friendly and they asked me to review so here it is. As I said to them at the time I think they are in the top 5 of the 10 Indian restaurants I have tried so far.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have been eating indian food in many countries, and this is one place I can recommend. I had a vegeterian dish and my friend had a mixed meat dish. Good sized dishes, tasting bread and rice.
Staff was very friendly.
Good price. Approx 20 euros for a vegetarian dish, 2 beers and 2 bread.
You can safely eat here if you like good indian food.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Friendly service, fast delivery of dishes, relaxed atmosphere, fair prices for Amsterdam. WOuld go again when in Amsterdam!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We live down the street from this restaurant, yet only tried Ganesha for the first time last week.
We were not disappointed! It is the best Indian food we have had in Amsterdam, AND London. All the sauces are made from scratch, and the flavours are incredible. Even though we ordered take-away, everything was fresh and tasty. Even the rice which is complimentary with the currys, was the best rice I have had, full of flavour and color. We had the Lamb korma, chicken madras, king prawn tandori-massala, saag, naan, chana dahl. This will definitely be our favorite take-away and neighborhood restaurant. Can't wait to try the other dishes on the menu.

2  Thank caro28_12