“Rancid.”

Ranked #3,402 of 4,085 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Argentinean, Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Description: The Pacifico launched in Amsterdam in 1976,is the first Mexican & Argentinian restaurant in the Nederlands and is still going strong. Situated on Amsterdam's Warmoesstraat between Central Station and De Wallen (the city's premium Red Light area), The menu offers a fine selection of Mexican & Argentinian dishes, all prepared from fresh ingredients, and served at reasonable prices. Here you can enjoy the best Mexican and Argentinian delicacies such as fajitas, tacos, nachos, guacamole and the special Argentinian steak BBQ. As well as the main restaurant there is also a bar area where one may enjoy an excellent selection of wines, beers, spirits, and some super cocktails.Soon we will open the Pub Salsa Pacifico where you can have fun with friends after dinner, you can enjoy our special cocktails. Special offers for reservation for birthdays,business dinners or a special dinner with your friends.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Service was abysmal. Waitress ignored us, we ordered drinks twice before they turned up and when they did they were wrong. Food was cold, disgusting and overpriced. My vegetarian enchiladas consisted of cold chopped onion and tomato with a small amount of cheese on top. And my boyfriends meal made him so Ill we nearly missed our flight the next day. AVOID at all costs!

2  Thank Jo M

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We had a nice welcome but I was immediately concerned by the visibly atrocious hygiene that was present in the kitchen. A bin was clearly over flowing on to the floor with disgusting debris littered everywhere. Fair enough we were grabbing a bite to eat so hoped the food would at least suffice. I had salmon and it was inedible due to being FULL of bones and cooked terribly. I complained and sent it back to the kitchen, asking for money off the bill. After a heated debate the manager agreed to take money off, reducing the bill to 90 euros. I gave him 100 and he then refused to give me any change stating that the additional 10 euros was for tax that is not referenced on the receipt. After a long argument we left, still 10 euros down. This is illegal theft and I urge any people looking to dine in Amsterdam to avoid this place at all costs. It should be closed down and if anyone reading this works in any kind of food hygiene business in Holland please investigate this place and have it closed down.
It does not even deserve one star.

2  Thank Daniel A
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Everything was awful, there was not one redeaming feature about this restaurant.

Overpriced, inferior food, terrible service and when we complained about the over priced bill (a glass of red wine being the same price as a small bottle of water - ?3.25 - which was charged incorrectly on the bill) the managers response was stiff-necked and uninterested.

This restaurant clearly preys on tourists.

2  Thank e_baggs
Reviewed November 24, 2013

A few years ago this was the place to go for good Mexican food in Amsterdam. My recent dinner was the worst experience as it seems that owners had changed since the last time I had dinner there. The food was terrible, the service the worst I have ever had and the place was dirty. I went to the restroom and it was filthy! All in all avoid this place at all cost!

2  Thank Fred M
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Terrible. Changed owners and no longer linked to Cafe Pacifico in London. Avoid. The food and service are awful.

2  Thank joelgilbert