Tripadvisor
Amsterdam
All reviews tram stop minute walk quiet suburb rooms are small beautiful park central station dam square yogurt enjoyed my stay vondelpark centre city stops supermarket cafes kettle suitcases
Selected filters
Reviewed December 3, 2019

This is an alright place to get your head down. Don't expect luxury, it's in a great location right next to Vondelpark and the nearest tram into the centre is about a 4 minute walk from the hotel. The staff were helpful and I was satisfied with my stay. However, the hotel needs a major refurb.

Room tip: Be careful, electricity was exposed in my room on 4th floor.
Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed November 3, 2019

Unfriendly people at the reception; we told them about the hair dryer that was broken and the electricity of it was exposed in the bathroom (not safe!!). They ignored the problem and did not provide any solution or alternative. Hallway and elevator were dirty, rooms were very small. For the check-out we waited more than 20 minutes for someone at the reception, so we just left.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed October 21, 2019

Pleasant building in very nice, quiet, leafy area of Amsterdam, on the edge of Vondelpark and 5 minutes walk to the trams. Pokey, dark 'reception' area with small desk. Pleasant staff and bike hire available. We had double room which was tiny and shabby with marks on the carpet - not a restful room to come back to after a day's sightseeing. Bed was clean and and bathroom tiny but well appointed. An overall depressing, unloved hotel in which to spend the night. Didn't try the breakfast. Needs love and attention.

Reviewed October 19, 2019 via mobile

We were over charged as it stated on their site that price was €134.09 inc tax and fees...which should've totalled €402.27 but we were charged €426?? This did not include breakfast. Also on the last day I caught my slipper on something sharp on the carpet which my husband pulled out and discovered was a great big fishing hook. I'm lucky it was only my slipper and not my foot.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2019

Well when my husband and I arrived. The staff were friendly, although the reception looked a bit shabby, it could do with some work. We were shown to our room that was ok. Nice clean sheets, cracks in ceiling by door, dirty walls, marks all up them. There was no coffee machine which we have got used to but we thought we could live with this but there was only one sachet of coffee each and one sachet of powdered milk??? After first night the room was growing on me. We went out for the afternoon and I hadn't left the room exactly tidy but thought we'd leave it till we got back. On our return they had changed our sheets and all of my underwear had been folded and even my dirty drawers off the floor!!! I was livid!! The next day we were chilling watching tv when the door knocked, it was the cleaner telling us we had to leave? When we still had another day, after saying no weve paid for another day she said no, its today! then when my husband insisted she go ask manager she said ah ok! Whole exp was awful, just glad ADE 2019 was the best, as made up for the hotel mess!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple