Hotel Central Park
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$248
$229
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $278/night.

$561
$332
  • Restaurant
All reviewsresidential areatram stopminute walktram numberroom was small but cleanbeautiful parkcentral stationnice hoteltram takesluggage roomcity breakgave us a mapfree wifidam squarerent a biketea and coffee facilitiesshort stay
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend wanted a cheap city break, after looking at the reviews for this hotel we booked it! Stayed for 4 nights 29th Jan - 3rd February 2014. Yes the room was tiny, but it was also cosy and very clean, room service daily and the bed was super comfy!. Loved that the reception was manned 24hrs a day and they were very helpful and sold snacks for €1 euro! Excellent when you get the munchies but don't want to take a trip to the shops! Beautiful residential area, right next to vondelpark. close to a supermaket and various good food places! We walked into the city daily, it was a good 25 mins walk but we enjoyed the fresh air and surroundings! The tram was only a short walk away if you needed it. Tram 2. The Amsterdam zuid train station was 30 mins walk and was just €5.20 for 2 tickets back to the airport, it was the first stop and a 6 min train journey. I would advise, if your looking to save pennies to take this route home as a taxi was around €37. There is also a tram that runs directly to the station from the city. Loved the hotel. If your not bothered about the room size and location which is slightly out of the centre this is the place to stay!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank juliebrinkley76
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We have just stayed at the Central Park hotel for 4 nights 21st - 25th jan and after looking at lots of hotels I must say I think we made a good choice, it was a little out of the centre but in a very nice residential area which was quiet and where we felt safe, but just at the top of the street around the corner you can get the no 2 tram which takes 10 mins into the centre for a reasonable price, the hotel is clean, comfortable,warm and we found the staff very friendly and helpful , the continental breakfast was lovely and was adequate until lunch, taxi from reception€35 to the airport good price, on the whole a great time at the Central Park an Amsterdam is a fab place .

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went away for a 3 day break to Amsterdam.
I booked this hotel as I read it was great for the price... boy were they correct.
Admittedly its a 8 minute (presice) walk to the tram stop and then a 20 minute tram... however the beauty of this is you can hop off wherever you like... the journeys full of sites and certainly not boring. 24 hour ticket is €10 - well worth buying.
The rooms are small, as I have seen written so many times. They are a lot smaller then I imagined however the scenery, beautiful area and cleanliness of the rooms made up for it.
Staff were friendly and made us feel welcome.
Only thing that took us a whike was finding our hotel. It's in such a gorgeous residential place and not lit up, its very easily missed.

For price - its so perfect for a city break!
Enjoy

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bobbie S
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights between Christmas and New Year. We decided to take a taxi from Schipol airport to the hotel, This cost 45 euros and took about 15 minutes.

First impressions of the room was that it was very small but very clean and contained everything we needed. They provided a kettle with a small selection of coffees and teas. TV was included with a variety of English speaking channels such as BBC, MTV and TLC. My boyfriend had trouble falling asleep as he said the mattress was far too soft for him. I found it very comfortable, personal preference I guess.

The hotel is located in a very quiet, residential area. We felt safe staying here. A couple of streets away you will find shops, a small supermarket and takeaways. The reception area also sells a small selection of drinks and snacks.

There are trams and buses nearby, however we tended just to walk into the city centre. Despite it being colder weather while we visiting it was still a very enjoyable walk through Vondel Park to the centre. This took around 20-30 minutes and I found it much more pleasant than taking public transport.

I would recommend this hotel for couples visiting the city for a few days. I think its a little too small to stay for longer or with more people. For us it was the perfect price and perfect location for our trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oldfriendstranger
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The room was fairly small for two people with luggage but was clean and well maintained. There was a nice view towards the park from our 4th level window. Shower and bathroom also quiet ok. The price we paid was competitive with other cheaper places for a Friday and sat night. Not so close to the centrum but at the same time not so far away if you are taking the number 2 tram which leaves 1 block from the hotel. Also the 197 bus is only a 500 metre walk and provides a 4 euro direct trip to the airport. Don't bother taking a taxi or train to the airport..the bus is quicker.

We had an early checkout (6am) and it was very nice that the night receptionist went to the effort of preparing all breakfast early just for us so that we could eat before we left. This was very much appreciated! Will happily return when we visit Amsterdam again

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple