All reviewsresidential areatram stopminute walktram numberroom was small but cleanbeautiful parkcentral stationnice hoteltram takesluggage roomgave us a mapdam squaretea and coffee facilitiesfantastic staydouble roomcomfy bedbreakfast was included
Reviewed June 16, 2012

My husband and l have just returned from a three night stay at the Hotel Central Park.
This is a small hotel located in a residential area close to the back of Vondelpark. The staff were very friendly and most helpful. Rooms are on the small side but very cosy. Our room had flatscreen tv, coffee and tea facilities, telephone and hairdryer. There are many nice restaurants close to the hotel. You can take a leisurely walk through Vodelpark to get to Leidseplein taking about 15 to 20 minutes or jump on any Tram Number 2 which will take u right through to Central Station. l have visited Amsterdam many times and have always stayed in a more central area but l enjoyed the quietness of the location and l look forward to a return visit to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debs08
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I booked a double room for single use, and after reading reviews of many other hotels in the lower price range in Amsterdam, I wasn't expecting much. It therefore took me by surprise to find my room with quite modern decor and furniture, medium in size, and including a very good large comfortable bed. The bathroom was also modern and beautifully tiled with good shower and washbasin. I looked out on to a quiet leafy street, which was very pleasant indeed. The hotel is a good 10 to 15 minutes tram ride from the main railway station, but it is such a nice area to walk around. Plenty of parkland, walkways and waterways. Central Park stretches for quite a distance and is very popular with cyclists and picnickers. You don't have to go far to be among the shops, restaurants and canals which I found to be crowded with happy people in leisure mode on the Sunday I arrived and on the following Monday which was a public holiday. Unless you want to be right in the centre of the city and pay the price, I wouldn't go past the Central Park Hotel.

Room Tip: I don't know what the outlook is for many of the rooms but I would request a second floor room looking over the very quiet leafy street that has practically no motor traffic at all if that the view that you think would satisfy you.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ShepLapstone
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at hotel Central Park for four nights in the beginning of May, lovely little hotel, small but clean and comfortable rooms. Tea/coffee facilities, TV has many international channels, good heating system. We didn't have breakfast so cannot comment on that. It's on a quiet, beautiful residential street right by the end of Vondelpark, easy access to the centre of Amsterdam by tram (about 10 mins), tram stop a two-minute walk from the hotel. If you don't mind walking, do walk through the beautiful park though (20-25 minutes) to save money and stay fit :)

Hotel staff was helpful. Minus points that were not major for us but might bother some guests: Shower is on the floor level and water leaks to the rest of the bathroom area, walls are not very thick so can hear TV noises from neighbouring rooms, rooms are not very spacious, no minibar.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OatyOat
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Having been to Amsterdam numerous times in the past 10 years, I had been used to the small rooms, high prices for average rooms and long walks to get anywhere, however I had never stayed in the Vondelpark and after looking at this hotel thought 'Why not?'.

The hotel itself was nice enough with free wifi and just off the tram route, but it was just a bit too far out for a 3 day break and because the weather wasn't great, it meant it felt even further.

I'd always recommend somewhere more central in Amsterdam, Rembrandtsplein being my usual choice.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Bobbylid
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

It was 2nd week of may 2012 Weather was uncertain anywhere in Europe although better in Amsterdam. My visit was business purpose when I reached in hotel at evening time it was terrible dark & rainy. Just night time 7 hours stayed in hotel & left. Hotel is very good as a money but very hard to find out location at night time even no big signboard really a very quite residential area. Everything surrounding so easy to access I would prefer to stay again 50/50 but very good hotel.

1  Thank Rockylondo