“SOOO SPICY”

Mai Thai
Ranked #1,026 of 3,767 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Guwahati, India
“SOOO SPICY”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

We were not reared for the chilly hot food. DesPite the fact that we are from India we couldnt take in the heat , literally.We had a steamed rice with chicken . It was tasty but evrything went for a sixer because of the hot sPices. We took refuge in an ice cream the moment we got out.The girl could sPeak english and we found her friendly.

• Visited March 2014

New York, New York, United States
“horrible attitude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

The person you meet when you enter is rude and unwelcoming. I entered with my wife and two children3 and 2 yr olds. We wanted to try this place for a different taste. Aw edited for or food the owner/greeter/server started to smoke in the doorway sending all his puffs into the restaurant. I politely asked him whether he could move a little further out of the doorway as I have allergies and asthma and he started ranting angrily about freedom of smoking rights. I had to remind him that we were customers and had rights to eat smoke free and that he was a rude and ungrateful individual and he stopped smoking angrily. His rants continued though. I had to talk him to shut his rants. Well never eat here and don't recommend this place. Count Emmott the food.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Chrisocici37
UK
“Poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant because, on the previous night, the lady outside had persuaded us to try their special deal. I had explained that I didn't like the 'hot, spicy' curries and she explained that if I told the waitress they would be able to make it mild. My husband likes Thai food, so we agreed to go the next evening.

Unfortunately, that lady wasn't there the next day. The waitress inside the small restaurant didn't smile at all and made no effort to modify the meal as had been promised. She just said 'It's already mild' and walked away. Needless to say, it was far too hot for me and I couldn't eat it. My husband said it was bland!

On the plus side, the starter was tasty and the rice well cooked.

Gainesville, Florida
“Pad Thai was good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

My Tom Yum soup was pretty weak with two shrimps but many mushrooms and tasted just average. My wife liked her pad Thai and shared it with me. Good sized portions but a bit pricey for lunch.

Visited October 2013
“Beware of paint stripper strength cocktail! The food was average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Pleasant and prompt service. The food was overpriced, but Amsterdam generally is, given its central location. I was shocked to be served such a strong cocktail, which would have been great if I was attending a hen/stag do.
It filled a hole.