New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel CC

Hotel CC
Ranked #142 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Very clean, central, lovely hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night on the 6th March 2014. After our coach dropped us off at central station it took us literally 5 minutes to find the hotel, perfect location from the center of the city. Upon arrival at the hotel we were told although we can't check in until 2 (it was 11am at the time) we we're welcome to leave all our luggage while we had a look around the city. Our check in took only a few minutes, we were both asked for passports and sight of the card that the reservation was made with (they don't tell you that you'll need your debit card so don't forget!). Our room was absolutely spotless which is pretty much the only thing that matters to me as I'm a huge clean freak. The bathroom was lovely and modern, shower was a lot better than you'd expect from a 3* hotel. We had to check out by 11am next day but weren't due to leave Amsterdam until 5pm and were again told we could leave our bags there which was fantastic. Would definitely stay here again, can't understand why anybody could give this hotel a bad review. Basic but clean, cheap and central.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Kimberly E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The hotel is located in a great location about 5 minute walk from the Central train station. The room is small (barely bigger than the bed) but clean and well laid out. The wifi was free and good for hotel wifi.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel 8 times in the past 10 months and the first 6 times were fine. I stayed twice in feb 2014 and it was a nightmare the customer service is disgusting considering in such a loyal customer. I got dirty looks and threats from the hotel staff that they were calling the police as I slept in (I was 15 mins late). I paid for a late checkout and got woken up by maids every hour on the hour from 10am. The first room I was given still had drinks at the side of the bed and dirty sheets where it was not cleaned properly. Then I was moved to another room and it smelt like rotten egg, I was advised by hotel staff there were to full to move me and to keep the shower running to get rid of the smell. I don't know what's happened to this hotel since I started coming here but I will never be returning! It is in a great location but there are plenty of other hotels around and to be quit frank I would rather walk miles than give this unfriendly, dirty, unprofessional dump my money again.

• Stayed February 2014
8 Thank roxanne d
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

The room was tiny, though pretty clean, and there was free wifi. It was also in a very central location, close to Amsterdam Central train station, which was convenient. However, I stayed in a single room and the bed was miniature. It was definitely shorter and narrower than a regular twin size bed, and it was surrounded by walls on three sides, so I couldn't stretch out all the way (even though I'm only 5'7"). So I really didn't get a good night's sleep while I was there. If you're a normal-sized person or bigger, I wouldn't recommend staying in a single room -- though perhaps the double rooms are bigger? There are some hotels just a 10 minute walk north of Amsterdam Central that are proper hotels with much bigger, nicer, full-service rooms and lobbies -- and they cost exactly the same price. I stayed at one of those later in my trip and would highly recommend that option.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank nask1
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed here 1st-3rd Feb 2014. The hotel was literally a 5 minute walk from Central Station and once we arrived the reception staff were very friendly. We asked to move rooms as we didn't want to be on the ground floor and we were relocated to a lovely room overlooking the Damrak. Our room was rather small but modern and very clean - excellent value for what we paid and compared to some of the other hotels in Amsterdam. Plus the free Wifi is a bonus. The hotel staff also took the time to give us a map and explain the location in relation to other attractions. Yes the hotel is 5 minutes from the red light district but we didn't find this a problem at all. It is also 5 minute walk from Dam square and 10 minutes from Ann Frank's Museum.
As the hotel is room only I would highly recommend Teddy's over the road as they do a great breakfast!
After checking out of the hotel we were able to leave a suitcase until later that evening as we had a late flight.
All in all I would rate this hotel as excellent based on location, cleanliness, service and most of all value for money.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the Damrak.
United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Location is fantastic, 5 mins to Central Station one way and 5 mins to Dam Square the other way. So many different options for food and drink right on your doorstep and attractions a short walk or tram ride away. The hotel was great, nice clean modern rooms with nice furniture, safe, hairdryer, complimentary toiletries and the staff were helpful.

Our room was tiny though and was a 'standard double' size, so the small double rooms must be miniscule - other people have said their standard rooms were big and spacious though, so I guess it's just the luck of what room you get. We were at the front on the street side right above the hotel entrance and it was so loud. You could hear every single word people were saying outside. We were only there for a couple nights and we couldn't be bothered to pack our stuff up and ask to move but any longer and we would have as we had very bad nights sleep there. We stayed over a Sunday/Monday too and it was so loud so I dread to think what Friday/Saturday is like. The room was also freezing cold and the duvet was too small for the bed. The bathroom was lovely, nice big shower, the automatic light turns off after 1 or 2 minutes so when in the shower you have to keep jumping out and wave your hands about - bit dangerous!

So I would stay again but I would maybe ask to see a couple of rooms first before unpacking or book one of the bigger 'XL' rooms on the side overlooking the Damrak. But it is clean, modern and in the perfect location. I have added a photo of the floor plan of our floor to give you an idea. We were in 204.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are very noisy.