“Love itttttt”

Ranked #139 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Love itttttt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I love love love Amsterdam so much and I love it even more after finding this hotel!!

First trip here was amazing and I loved it but the hotel was disgusting (boyfriend picked it so I suppose that's why) second trip here I decided to try the hotel cc and we have been back a further two times :-)

Location is amazing, everything from coffee shops, restaurants, bars, normal shops and of course the world famous red light district is literally on your doorstep!!

Hotel CC is a quirky little building and the construction is funny, some corridors and stair cases are tall and wide while others are really small and narrow haha!

Rooms are lovely, very modern and so clean! Next time I come here I'm requesting a canal view as I have never been given a canal view room and the pictures look fantastic!

I recommend this hotel 100%

Room Tip: A room on the second floor (I think) are canal view rooms !!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lacey1993x

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly located near central station. Not for families really.
It's tiny, but it's a character property full of great features.
It's very clean I guess it would be ideal for an adults weekend away.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Intcopiers
Perth, Western Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel CC for two nights. To be clear- I do not think this is a bad hotel but I think it will not suit some travellers. The hotel is very clean and well located in the middle of the red light district not far from the central train station.

Our stay was not comfortable because CC has very low ceilings with exposed beams and my husband had to walk around stooped over- and still managed to smack his head a couple of times. In addition, our room was on the third level over the street and it was very loud. I'm not talking just a bit of rumbling street noise, it sounded as if our windows were open because they were just shutter windows with no seals. I could clearly hear people's conversations down on the street below and because it is the red light district there was a lot of drunken carry on until about 3 or 4 in the morning.

If you plan on being out all night partying this is a suitable hotel but if you are tall or want a good nights sleep it is probably not for you.

• Stayed September 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

checked in on fri 24th may for 2 nights cost £300 for a twin room
first room was dreadful and smelt badly of smoke,single beds were together and no room to separate them, we changed to the only room they had available and this was dreadful, but didn't smell of smoke 9pm by this time
wouldn't give a refund, and have since been promised i night refund which i excepted, but to date have not had one.
the photos on the web and on companies selling the rooms exist but only in a few rooms
Beware!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank colin c
gwynedd
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Checked in @ 2100h on a rain lashed night. Taxi unable to access road due to bollards restricting access on street during evenings. Walked last 300m to hotel.
Staff very pleasant and helpful. Rather disappointed that we were allocated the only downstairs room, next to reception desk & toilets - having paid over £400 for a 3 night stay. Room was very small and warm dedpite A/C. We had to keep curtains closed as our window overlooked the pavement and bars opposite (ground floor room) & bicycles constantly being rested against our window.
Room was kept clean and staff very friendly, allowing us to keep cases there after checkout.
Given location of room I feel that I overpaid for our stay

• Stayed September 2013
Lugano
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I picked the restaurant because of the proximity to the station because I had to catch an early train. I did not realize that it was on 'marjiuana street' where all the 'coffee shops' are located. (Why are they called coffee shops if what they serve are joints?)
In any case, I was upgraded from a single to a double, but the room was really cramped with the two small twin beds stuck in two corners. Room to room noise insulation is not good, especially from the upper floor. The are no services besides the reception: no bar, no lobby, no breakfast: just a couple of vending machines. In my opinion they offer too little to rate it an average hotel, but if all you are looking for is the proximity to the coffee shops and red light district, then it's ok.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

There were several huge conventions in Amsterdam so, despite booking months in advance, the Hotel CC was about the best we could do . . . and prices everywhere were outrageous. Having said that, we were actually very pleasantly surprised by the experience.

The CC is not much to look at from the outside. It’s perfectly located though, walking distance from Central Station and on the busy Warmoesstraat, home to all the clubs, bars and coffee shops at the edge of the Red Light district. In other words, you’ll stay at party central . . . which we loved but which may not be for everyone.

The hotel itself is sort of a rabbit’s warren of hallways, with small steps up-and-down everywhere, but it is spotlessly clean. Our room was an “extra large king,” nicely located at the rear and overlooking the main canal. While I wouldn’t exactly call it a large room, it was certainly spacious compared to some of the cubby holes we peeked into elsewhere in the hotel. And, impressively, our bathroom was large, beautifully done and had both a tub and a separate, very nice shower. In short, the room was clean, quiet, modern and very pleasant.

The hotel staff was also extremely courteous and helpful. We arrived at 7am and they checked our luggage and did their best to get us into the room well before the normal check-in time. They were very helpful with directions, served us really good complimentary coffee in the mornings, and even assisted in helping me find an emergency dentist when I had a minor incident with a crown.

Bottom line: A really nice little hotel, well located, that was pretty darn good if you aren’t looking for a luxury experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple