1,474 results
All reviewsthe red light districtdam squareperfect locationtrain stationbars and coffee shopssmall double roomearly hoursthe ground floorwould stay againcanal viewshort staymin walkhotel is locatedclean hotellight sleepercouple of nightscomfy bed
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Having just returned from the Hotel CC I can honestly say what a pleasent stay my partner and I had. The room we had was a lower floor room. There was plenty of space for both of us as well as enough room to hang our clothes and move around the room comfortably. The finish of the rooms was fantastic and once again there was plenty of space in the bathroom for both. I'm unsure if the upper rooms are less spacious but there is no complaint from me and the size of the room we had. The bed was huge and by far one of the most comfortable I've stayed in while being away.
The only minor gripe I have is that due to the room being downstairs part of it is actually underwater so there is a small window that doesn't open and the whole building is extremely hot so the air con was a life saver.
We heard no noise what so ever once we were in the room except for the boats in the morning but it is located on the canal so you really have to expect this.
The staff were very polite and helpful so no complaint there.
The location of this hotel is absolutely fantastic, central to everything. My advice would be that if you want to be slap bang in the centre with clean comfortable accomodation this hotel is definately the one to stay in. We did see many more hotels in the region but this one looked way better than the others and I would thouroughly recomend this to any of my friends.
The age range of people we encountered here would be 18-40 so there is quite a wide appeal.

Room Tip: It sounds like the lower rooms are more spacious and quieter than the upper rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed 4 nights at Hotel CC last week.

I'll start with the positives - the rooms are clean and modern and they do have a nice look about them. I suspect the place was renovated in the last few years as it is in good condition. For me, that is where it ends.

Although my room was nice, it was the size of a match box. It was hard to walk around the place because the bed, desk etc were all crammed into the smallest space. I couldn't even pull out the chair to sit on it because there was only about 10cm gap between the bed and the desk! The bathroom was also tiny, it was quite awkward to move about in there whilst drying yourself off etc. There was barely enough room to put my clothes either so I just left them in my backpack (normally if I stay more than a night I unpack into the drawers and wardrobes as I hate living out of a suitcase). The worst part for me, was the noise. I was on the street side just above the main door and the windows do not have any form of double glazing etc to keep the noise out... basically... it feels like you are sleeping with your window open... and the street that it is on, is quite noisey up until the early hours of the morning. I did wake up a couple of times but luckily I'm a good sleeper with noise so I was able to get back to sleep but I would imagine it to be a nightmare for those who need silence when they sleep.

Lastly - the bed, it was a 'double' apparently... it felt more like a king single. The two of us were totally crammed in this bed and it was uncomfortable to say the least. I didn't have one decent sleep through the entire stay.

Also - the second day we were there, our room wasn't cleaned when we returned at 5pm. They didn't even offer to clean it when I complained, just replaced the towels.

I guess if you aren't as fussy about space, bed comfort, and silence in your room, this hotel would be ok. Its in a good spot if you want to get amongst the pot cafes (plenty out the main door) and the hookers in the windows of the redlight district.

Room Tip: try get a room on the other side of the building (not the street side) might be slightly more quiet... and fork out for a better room, the cheap rooms (that I had) really are just that, cheap and small!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jonnie27
Reviewed July 24, 2012

What I noticed as soon as we entered our room was where the hell was the space to swing a bloody cat? There was no room for two people in our room and we certainly did not realise how small the room was until we saw the bed. It was smaller than a double bed and it was a nightmare to sleep in it. There was no mini bar and to say the least the bathroom was miniature. It was SMALLER than an aircraft's toilet. There was no shower curtain so the bathroom is flooded each time you had a shower. I could go on and on about how bad this hotel is but I don't want to waste anymore of my time and of course yours.

DO NOT CHOOSE THIS HOTEL. Yes, it is centrally located but apart from that, pffft go somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel when we came... And the hotel room that we got was amazing great views from the window was close to everything we wanted to do, and the staff were just so kind and helpful... We are planning another trip over and we are coming back to this hotel and requesting the same room.... This hotel is a must do!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Well we was in the middle facing the river side and the view was just amazing...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed in a standard double overlooking the canal at the rear of the hotel, the room was a reasonable size, not too small as some reviewers state, the room was modern bright and clean and the bathroom was really spacious with a bathtub fitted with a shower and a separate shower cubicle. The reception staff were friendly and helpful and so no complaints there. The room was cleaned and towels changed despite us only staying for 3 nights in total. The rooms overlooking the water are pretty noisy from the boats and it's fair to say that you can hear noise from neighbouring rooms but the room was only a base for us as we had plenty of exploring to do in the limited time that we had. The hotel is really well situated, a few minutes walk from Central Station to get the train / subway if need be. Hotel CC is near the end of one of the main streets where all the bars / cafes are in the red light district and a short walk to the main square / other sights. We would stay here again if returning to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the hotel overlooking the canal, great views is a little noisy!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple