“Excellent and cheap of the whole”
Review of Thai & Co

Thai & Co
Reserve with
Thai & Co is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #913 of 4,096 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed March 12, 2013

In the middle of tens of restaurants, Thai*Co is a small establishment decorated simply, a fast service and a really very good food. Dishes were copious but I can assure you that we left nothing in our plates.

3  Thank frederic w

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Excellent and very fresh, had minced chicken salad and jungle fish and lotus stem curry, I like spicy food so I asked for it hot and it was just right, fresh chillis with mint and basil in the minced chicken was so refreshing. Fish curry was lovely, came with steamed rice, was so much I couldn't finish it all. Went on a Sunday lunch time and liked the fact that the kitchen is open so you can see the food being prepared. Good service and friendly staff. Clean, bright restaurant with spotless toilets, always a good sign! Would definite recommend this place. Doesn't take credit cards but the food was reasonable, 70 Euros for 2 starters, 2 mains and a bottle of wine which is cheap for Amsterdam where you can pay 10 euros for a dodgy kebab! Worth the bit of a walk to get there.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I loved the friendly waitress - these girls really work hard there. The food was good, especially the coconut fish soup. The vegetarian dish was a bit too salty, duck nice. Certainly one to come back to, especially if you enjoy Thai music (could have been the same CD, as someone mentioned previously)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The food at Thai & Co is simple and normal. Prices are normal, drinks a little bit at the higher side of prices.

After a simple starter (friend dumpling, 4 pieces for 6,50 euro: normal and a bit expensive for what you get) I had a Laap made from duck meat. Laap is typical Laos food as I know it. Warm meat with herbes and lemon and nice spices (I asked for normal spices, not to hot, and they kept their promise). The dish was good though: I enjoyed it, although the meat could be a bit more tender.

The food is good, but in relation to the prices I can say that the restaurant is avarage: not bad, but I was not suprised by the served meals of myself an my friends.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stumbled on this place.
+) Amazing food. All 10 people in our group raved about this as the best Thai food in a long time.
+) the set menus offer great quantity and varierty
+) good value for money
+) very considerate & courteous staff, friendly too.
+) free rice (unlimited quantity) with your main course dish
+) great atmosphere too - relaxed.