This was my Home away from home for more than one month when I was on business to Amsterdam.
The check-in process was really good and thorough. The place was recommended to me by my colleagues.
Pre-booked the same before I landed to avoid surprises. There was a guided check-in wherein the employee walks you through all features of the apartment, facilities offered, and also point to nearby shops, transit points etc.
1) Serviced-apartment: One difference from a Hotel is that you are supposed to have everything ready to cook and live by yourself. This apartment had all utensils, facilities for ironing clothes, cordless vacuum, and a laundry bucket. Ample closets and legroom.
2) Internet: Connection was great, steady. For me, wifi was great.
3) Transportation: The 300 bus service was at Ouderkerkerlaan was what I used. About 5-mins brisk walk from Htel. Frequency was usually every 7 minutes towards town or airport. You also have the Metro station with 51 towards Spaklerweg (for Central).
4) Supermarkets: You have Jumbo and Albert Heijn in about 8-mins walk. They are open till 9pm on most days.
5) Peace: No disturbances of any kind in the apartment complex. Each unit is insular and I rarely heard a noise. Better for business travelers who want some peace and quiet after a long day. Even room cleaning (which was weekly) happens after 9AM.
6) Laundry: The laundry room is well equipped with enough laundry and driers to meet most needs. For expats, the instructions are written in English, since the machines themselves are labeled in Dutch. Also has a table-tennis setup and a vending machine along sofa and TV.
7) Room: Appreciate the separate wooden flooring in Kitchen and dining while living and sleeping areas had carpets. Thoughtful. The Dining lamps were a little too low hanging for my comfort. Lamps were bright enough. Triple curtains over windows. The shades, the white curtains and the blackout curtains which turned day into night -:)
8) Communications: Postal delivery was excellent with your own apartment address and landline phone number. Phone charges were surprisingly cheap (although I dialed only local nos) unlike a Hotel.
9) Service: There was always someone cheerful and friendly to greet you at reception on the way out, and when you return. Someone had mentioned they forgot the key card and had to spend EUR50 to open it late night. Thanks for the tip. Never had such an incident and the key card worked flawlessly. The staff go out of their way to help you, like when I wanted directions to stores or cashing traveler's checks.
The microwave was fixed and replaced even before I knew it had a fault. Thanks!
Special thanks to staff for accommodating my hypo-allergic pillow needs.
10) Faults: I could not find any faults, whatsoever in the room or in the service.
Kindly remember that this is an apartment and not a Hotel room, so like at home, you are expected to maintain it well if you want this to be a Home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Htel Amstelveen you will find the most comfortable, modern and efficient apartments. You will feel at home immediately. Most apartments are around 45m2 which is twice the size of an average hotel room. Some apartments are 90m2, ideal for families. All the apartments have a fully equipped kitchen and bathroom. At the location you will find a fitness centre, high speed Wi-Fi, laundry facilities and a closed car park. Housekeeping is once a week and more frequent cleaning can be provided. Included extra facilities are a Jet Stream pool, Turkish steam bath and sauna. The aparthotel is situated in a residential area of Amstelveen. The city centre, the business centres and Schiphol international airport are easy to reach within 15-20 minutes. There are plenty of opportunities for relaxation near the apartment. Parks, a shopping mall, restaurants and medical facilities are also close by. Enjoy a comfortable and worry-free stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Htel Amstelveen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.