“Good apartment and a pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Htel Amstelveen

Htel Amstelveen
Ranked #78 of 226 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
Chennai
“Good apartment and a pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Went to a business trip to Amsterdam where i stayed in Htel apartments. The apartment was really like being at home with good ambience. The Htel apartment staff were really helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Judith H, Director of Sales at Htel Amstelveen, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear CCCCC606,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience with Htel Serviced Apartments through TripAdvisor.

Your comment about our helpful staff, the good ambiance and the fact that you felt like being at home, are great compliments.

We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
HKG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

My wife and I were on our honeymoon for 10 days. It was the first visit to the Netherlands.

Without much knowledges about the country, we choosed Htel based on the following critiria:
- Safety
- Car parking space
- Service (base on existing reviews)
- Price

It turned out Htel Amstelveen have realised all of our requirements were met and actually reflected during our stay.

I would not repeat the most HOT issue regarding in-room WIFI connection as they are already trying to implement. The existing WIFI in lobby has very good connection without problems, which is surprising as lots of "free" connections in other hotels ae always jam up rendering unusable.

- Safety
Amstelveen is more or less a retiree town. From observations, the town seems to be populated by retired professionals and upper-middle class.
The area provided my wife and I a strong sense of security as we never notice "un-wanted elements" lingering around, be it during the day or night.
All entrances require smart card to access which adds extra securities.

- Car parking space
RECOMMENDED for travellers with cars!
On-site FREE parking is available and inclusive with the all bookings with plenty of spaces available. The carpark has two sections: for in-house guests to access with smart cards / public spaces for visitors. Both carparks are non-secured; it seems the smart card accessed is merely for "reservation" purpose yet, the area is very safe as mentioned.

NOTE: Most hotels now imply hefty charges on parking from 20 to 50 euros depending on location. Hopefully the management would keep this free service!

- Service
Exceptional services and very flexible people with common senses!
I forgot to mention an early check-in during booking; my flight arrived AMS at 5:30 am and I arrived at the hotel by 7:30. I was able to get my room by 9 without compromises nor any extra charges!
I casually mentioned that we were on honeymoon, and we surprisingly received a box of chocolate and couple of sparkling wine the next day! (see photo attached)
Check-in & Check-out were fast and hassle free.

- Price
It is subjective to individuals. I personally reckon it is bang-for-bucks.

Thank you staff @ Htel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Martin L
Dear Martin,

First of all congratulations! We hope you and your wife enjoyed the box of chocolates and the wine. We are flattered that you have chosen Htel Serviced Apartments during your first visit to the Netherlands.

At this moment each apartment is equipped with wired internet and as you mentioned we are looking at the possibilities to also implement WiFi in our apartments.

It is very important that our guests feel safe. Therefore all areas are only accessible with a smart card. That way we can be sure that our facilities are only used by guests of Htel Serviced Apartments.

Thank you very much for your review and feedback, it is highly appreciated.
We will be happy to be of service to you and your wife again, when you visit The Netherlands for the second time.

Warm regards,

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

If you are looking for a short temporary in Amsterdam, in a pleasant apartment complex you might wanna try HTEL definitly a good choice. The personal is always helpful and the apartsment have all the conditions you would need. Kitchen,Bathroom, TV, Internet.

The only bad thing I found no Wireless only ethernet so I had to share my Wifi and also no Microwave in my room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Judith H, Director of Sales at Htel Amstelveen, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Dear Necronet,

Thank you very much for your feedback on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed majority of your stay at Htel Serviced Apartments.

We have taken your feedback into account and are finding the appropriate measures concerning WiFi in the apartments. Currently plans are being made to install WiFi throughout the entire Amstelveen location. All of our apartments have a fully equipped kitchen, which includes a microwave and oven combination.

Once again, thank you for choosing Htel. We hope to welcome you in the nearby future.

Judith Huizing & Business Development Team
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

I find Htel a good value for money and extremely comfortable. The staff are very hospitable and helpful. The facility is clean and very well furnished. I was also quite pleasantly surprised with the well stocked kitchenette. Would defintely recommend it for people who would stay for more than a week in Amsterdam.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Judith H, Director of Sales at Htel Amstelveen, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Mrs. Mini197,

Thank you for your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. To improve our product, feedback like yours is very helpful. We strive to make our guest’s stay as pleasant as possible and are happy to hear that you were very pleased with our staff, fully equipped apartment and our services.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I have had a very comfortable stay at Htel, Amstelveen. The personnel are very cordial and the facilities are good. Super markets and Metro station are a short walk away and Amstelveen itself offers a quite refuge away from the bustle of Amsterdam. The nearest tram station is further out (20 minute walk).

I found the kitchenette well equipped for my modest cooking needs and the room was neatly furnished. However not all rooms have a music player even though there is no difference in the tariff. The wired internet available in the rooms is good most of the time - there are occasions when you need to be patient though. Wifi in the apartments would be a great service to add!

Overall great value for money and self sufficient accommodation!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Judith H, Director of Sales at Htel Amstelveen, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dear Ashwin,

We are very pleased to hear that you have had such an enjoyable with us in Amstelveen. Indeed Amstelveen is a quiet suburb with the metro just around the corner. Taking the metro get's you to the tram station, bus station, train station and all major public transport stops in and around Amsterdam. (Amsterdam Central station, Amsterdam Zuid, Amsterdam Amstel Station and more).

We have taken all your comments into account and want to thank you for review and your feedback. In order to ever improve our service we need reviews like these.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope top have you stay with us in the near future.

Kind regards,

Judith Huizing & the Htel team
Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I am writing this review after lot of thinking and deliberations. Recently I stayed at H-Tel and during check-out I forgot my Men’s Suit (Formal-wear) in the room and later, three days later when I realized this and enquired with their lost and found, I didn’t find it. While their Services team confirmed that they have certain procedures which housekeeping has to abide and they didn’t find anything left in the room, also I can’t prove it, this doesn’t change the fact.
So, while the Service Suite hotel is good in all other aspects, staff is friendly and hotel is well maintained, please beware of your belongings while checking-out. If you are not so lucky (like me), you may not get it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Judith H, Director of Sales at Htel Amstelveen, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear VinayJn,

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely regret that you’ve lost one or more items during your stay with us. It is our intention to give our guest the utmost care and service during their stay with us. We will discuss the matter of your lost items within our team, to find appropriate solutions for matters like this one in the future. If anything comes up, you can rest assured that we will contact you.

We do however hope that you have had a pleasant stay with us and thank you for choosing Htel. We would gladly welcome you again in the future.

Judit Huizing and the Htel Team
Director of Sales
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

The Htel was perfect for me to stay in until I found my own apartment. I stayed there for just over 2 weeks after I came to work in the Netherlands. My room was warm, modern, well designed, well equipped and had a really comfortable memory foam bed. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Htel has a laundry room with washers and dryers that is free to use, just take your own detergent. The rooms are cleaned once per week.

The Metro station and bus stops are a 5 minute walk away. Trains into Amsterdam are frequent, as are buses to the airport.

Small imperfections: Sometimes in the late afternoon the hot water was only lukewarm and the controls for the underfloor heating were impossible to understand. I just had to open the window if it got too warm. There are some supermarkets nearby but they don't open late, or during the day on Sunday, so if you arrive on Saturday night, you will not be able to buy food or anything until 4pm the next day.

But these are small complaints and overall I would be happy to recommend Htel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amsterdam
Alp de Veenen Boutique Hotel
#81 of 226 in Amsterdam
Station Amstelveen
Station Amstelveen
#1 of 6 in Amstelveen

Been to Htel Amstelveen? Share your experiences!