“Pizza Cruise”

Amsterdam Evening Canal Cruise with 4-course Dinner and Drinks
$45.12*
Amsterdam Dutch Wine and Cheese Candlelight Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: There’s nothing like seeing Amsterdam from the water! Canal Tours Amsterdam organises distinctive and innovative programmes on and around the Amsterdam canals. With a diversity of products – including Pedal Boats, Hop On Hop Off Boat, Open Boat Tours and Dining Cruises. Canal Tours Amsterdam is a brand of Stromma Group.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We went on the pizza cruise on our last night in Amsterdam and it was brilliant. The cruise isn't a tour as such, if you're wanting information on the city this may not be the cruise for you, but if you want to see the city from the waterways with pizza, ice cream and unlimited drinks it's spot on. An ideal way to end our trip.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Nice evening with a top service, top dinner and perfect sightseeing :-)
The personal was very courteous and nice to all guests.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
CanalCompany, Junior Online Marketer at Canal Tours Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you for your positive review!
That's nice to hear, we are glad you had a top dinner.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I took a canal cruise on this line back in 1984. It was wonderful...I could hear the recorded descriptions of all of the sites over the loudspeaker and everyone on the boat was into it. Just got back from Amsterdam on holiday with the family. I wanted to take a canal cruise with the family to give them an overview of the city. I guess I was just naive. Now it's a cattle call...this was a McTour...and that's fine, but I really wanted my kids to hear and understand what was being said and to take it all in. People were talking, babies were crying and kids were making noise. Everything was said in several languages and it just defeated the whole experience. This is probably my fault...I should have booked on a smaller line for a more private, intimate tour. I would recommend doing some on-line research and finding a smaller operator; I saw plenty during our cruise and I was kicking myself that did not seek one of them out instead. It's probably more money, but it will be well worth it. If you've never been to Amsterdam a canal cruise can be incredible.This city simply features some of the coolest architecture you will see anywhere. You will really want detailed explanations of the architecture and history, the ability to ask questions and a smaller group of people on-board. You simply cannot get this with Holland International Canal Cruises (at least not anymore or with the standard tours they offer).

1  Thank DaveHRoe
CanalCompany, Junior Online Marketer at Canal Tours Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Dave,

First of all, it was great having you on board again after 30 years!
We greatly appreciate your loyalty.

But we are disappointed that we were not able to provide the same experience
as in 1984. I will share your feedback about the noisy passengers and
the audio-guide with our team.

We understand your point and we will use your feedback to optimize
the future customer experience.

Thank you again Dave. We hope to get a change to restore your confidence
in us.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Spent 30 minutes walking to central station to get a ticket. Then waited in line for 30 minutes to purchase the ticket. for the 10 pm boat ride. Lady at the desk said be here around 9:45. Showed up at 9:35 after another 30 minute walk to central station to be told the boat is full come back tomorrow night. Explained we were flying out in the morning and couldn't make it another night. They gave our money back and didn't care at all what they are doing to people.

Buyer beware. They are over booking and don't care at all what they are doing to people on holiday. We planned our whole evening for this boat ride.

Use any boat company but this one. So Disgusting.

Dear Madam/Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We greatly appreciate your feedback.

On behalf of Canal Company I would like to apologize for what
happened. The 100 Highlights Cruise does not work with reservations.
For that reason my colleague should have recommended you
to come earlier than 9:45.

We are sorry that this didn't happen. We hope that you enjoyed Amsterdam
however and that it didn't effect your overall experience of the city.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I wish I could rate the company separately from the cruise experience but I cannot so that's the reason for a low rating here. The cruise itself was a wonderful experience but the staff really treated us poorly. So here's what happened. We arrived around 9 pm - well before the 10 pm close of business - and expected that we could get on one of the last cruises for the day. There was a bit of a line up and we were told that unless we had a ticket, we would not get on as the boat was already full. They told us to back the next day. We told them that we only had the I Amsterdam card we did not have tickets already. The staff was really persistent in telling us that we were basically out of luck. We replied that we would wait and just see what would happen. Then another staffer told us again that we should leave and return another day. Well, eventually, the line started moving, we presented our I Amsterdam cards to the ticket office and we got tickets, quickly boarded and we were off. And the cruise, it was really amazing. But the real problem is when you get these city cards - which are good for a limited time - and you get this kind of poor customer service where they essentially turn away people with the city card. You have to wonder why they participate in the I Amsterdam card program at all. One of the major attractions for the card is the free canal cruise ie not just an afterthought. They need to know that this is a problem.

1  Thank John K

Dear John,

Thank you for writing a review about the 100 Highlights Cruise.
All feedback is welcome because it will help improve the customer experience.

We are very sorry that you felt that we treated you poorly, our apologies for that.
I will share your feedback with the team to prevent this from happening again.

It's good to know that you really enjoyed the cruise! We hope you
enjoyed Amsterdam and we hope to restore your confidence in us
in the future.