“A great night on the water.”

Canal Tours Amsterdam
Book In Advance
More Info
$101.84*
and up
Amsterdam Canals Cruise with Freshly Prepared 4-Course Dinner
More attraction details
Owner description: There’s nothing like seeing Amsterdam from the water! Canal Tours Amsterdam organises distinctive and innovative programmes on and around the Amsterdam canals. With a diversity of products – including Pedal Boats, Hop On Hop Off Boat, Open Boat Tours and Dining Cruises. Canal Tours Amsterdam is a brand of Stromma Group.
gourock
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A great night on the water.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was a difficult decision for me. We had a week in Amsterdam to celebrate our anniversary and I wanted to treat my wife to an evening canal cruise. I was concerned about the possibility of being seated beside another couple as this provider couldn't guarantee a 'table for two'.
After some research and a tip from a friend I opted for this cruise which provided cheese and wine instead of a full blown meal. Otherwise I would have taken out a second mortgage for one of the more exclusive cruises which provided a cuisine we didn't particularly want on a cosy canal cruise. On boarding we were indeed seated beside another couple from the USA and they were clearly disappointed to find themselves sat beside strangers although we quickly became friends. On this occasion, at least, the onboard staff worked hard to rejig the tables to provide our new American friends and ourselves with a romantic table for two. My next concern was the wine might not flow freely enough for my liking. Again my fears were set to rest as every time my glass emptied, our excellent host topped it up! The cruise was great fun and we saw this aquatic city from canal level, something you must do. I really can't find fault with this experience as it made our trip to Amsterdam all the more special. The only pitfall I can see is the possibility that a couple might be seated beside others who are closer to the window. Maybe a phone call might smooth things out, we didn't explore this. Suffice to say, we enjoyed this cruise very much and stepped into the cold night with a warm glow and happy memories.

Visited March 2013

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Perfect!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Me and my girlfriend booked a dinner cruise with holland international on the last night of our stay and it was fantastic. Food was great, service was great with the waitress being very attentive and kind. Perfect way to end our stay in Amsterdam by getting to see some of the best canals the city has to offer, whilst indulging on great food and free wine!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lovely dinner cruise on the Amsterdam canals”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking for a nice dinner cruise in Amsterdam on the canals. We ended up picking the Holland Intl cuise option, 2.5h cruise with dinner for 75€.

It was a really nice cruise, the crew was very friendly and the boat is not too crouded so it doesn't feel too "touristic". The cruise is really nice, Amsterdam is such a lovely city! Very romantic indeed.

The food was surprisingly very good (better than I expected). The wine was fairly bad though. That plus the terrible pop music from the 90s makes me give only 4/5.

I still recommand it very much!

Metheringham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Preposal revisited”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked this trip as an anniversary trip, as this is where my now husband preposed to me.
We booked the candlelight cruise as we did 7 1/2 years ago. Sadly it wasnt as great as the first trip with details of where we were going along the canals but the cheese and wine was good there could have been more cheese but hey thankfully the wine kept a coming. The staff were very friendly and helpful too.
I would recommend this trip but make sure you are there early or you wont get a window seat.

Newquay, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic introduction to Amsterdam!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Recently took a canal cruise with Holland international and was very impressed. The tour lasts a hour and costs €15 per person which was even better as my girlfriend and I got hold of 50% off voucher (ask locals they seem to get these offers through the post).

The tour was very informative and a very pleasant way to find your bearings within the city. The information is announced over a loudspeaker system in many languages (the downside is sometimes your past the landmark and only then it's announced in your language). We had some added entertainment when the captain announced he was going to do a tricky but time saving maneuver, which he then pulled off in incredible style :).

Overall we enjoyed our experience.