“Tasty”

Ranked #14 of 96 Dessert in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: We welcome you at PANCAKES Amsterdam! PANCAKES Amsterdam puts a new spin on traditional pancake houses. We stand out of the crowd with our original recipes. PANCAKES Amsterdam serves high quality pancakes prepared with fresh and nutritous, locally sourced products and ingredients. PANCAKES Amsterdam is established in 2007. Almost ten years later we have three location. The first one is situated in the famous Nine Streets. This is were Pancakes Amsterdam has started! The second location is near Amsterdam central station and the third one is our newest location and is situated next to Anna Frank House and Westerkerk. Come and visit one of our location and enjoy the tastiest Dutch pancakes and American pancakes! We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Nice spot for a quick bite...if you can get in. This isn't gourmet dining, it's just big tasty pancakes. Keep in mind that these are Dutch pancakes which are more like crepes, not American ones that are fluffy as someone was complaining about at the table next to me. The tables inside are a little warm in the summer so if you can score a spot out front at a table that's possibly your better option. Closes by 7pm.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was the first place we tried on our visit to Amsterdam last week. We arrived early for breakfast and there was only one other couple there. By the time we left, there was a queue outside. Best advice is to go early or be disappointed. On to the food-it was lovely and fresh. I had a Dutch pancake with cheese and ham, while my other half plumped for the American style pancakes with maple syrup and bacon. Mine was lovely, the cheese and ham were full of flavour and it was just right for breakfast. My other half liked his too, but could not finish the portion as it was pretty generous. The service was friendly and efficient. I would recommend this place for a hearty breakfast before a hard day's sightseeing.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I saw the reviews on Tripadivisor, and decided to pay a visit. We waited outside for about 20 mins, and then had to wait for our food for about another 20mins. People came after us already got their orders. One of the waitress was not service minded at all. I ordered tea, and they forgot my tea bag, I had to try hard to get her attention, and finally she saw me and just put the tea bag on my table without saying anything. The food was good, just wish the service was better.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We arrived just after 10 Am and were lucky to have a table, because there is only room for 25 people. We had to wait a little for our pancakes, but I guess that's because everything is baked at the moment and there were some people before us. But the pancakes tasted very nice! And the keyring you get when paying is a nice souvenir!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

There's no faulting the food quality at this modest little establishment. Off the power of these reviews I starred it on my googlemaps and then eventually sought it out upon my visit. What a gem of a place, I will go back again - I have to.. The menu was too vast and varied for one visit to do it any real justice.

The staff are young bubbly types with various nurse/animal costumes hung on a wall for reasons I don't know - kids parties maybe. They do take their time preparing (even with me as their sole customer before closing time) but they cut no corners and the reward was delightful - lightly browned, plump & fluffy pancakes served with maple syrup & crispy bacon.

I'd suggest spending half a day using this place for breakfast & lunch since the sweet & savoury menu could cater for both. The price was also very reasonable in the context of Holland.