“Amazing!”
Review of La Remise

La Remise
Ranked #34 of 338 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had an excellent time. Alex was the perfect host. Our room was great. He was most helpful with our luggage, directions, calling us a cab and bringing us breakfast to our room as we left before the breakfast hour.
I just wish our stay was longer!
I would certainly recommend highly!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Dollface23

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights with kids. Very stylish and spacious. Bathrooms were excellent. The owner was very helpful. Breakfast was great. Good location, few minutes away from Van Gogh museum and trendy night spots. There were great places to eat near by too.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lekhag70
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I loved this place in general.It is located in a quiet street in one of the most beautiful districts in Amsterdam.Great conections to everywhere in the city,we walked from there to the most touristic places but the street and the area were quiet and residential.The room was clean and minimalist style.All great!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IreA1984
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Fantastically situated for easy access to all Amsterdam has to offer. The room we stayed in was in the attic this was modern, warm, spacious and the bathroom/wet room was one of the best we have had (we have stayed in some very expensive hotels). The continental breakfast was great, with eggs made to your liking!! Excellent value.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidandSue397
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a very pleasant B&B which is ideally located for the main sites of Amsterdam. Our room was the Chambre Blanche (situated at the top of some very steep wooden stairs) decorated tastefully in the minimalist style. Storage space was minimal but adequate for a short stay.
Breakfast was continental in style and perfectly sufficient. I know I'm nitpicking but for the price some tea/coffee making facilities would have been welcome.
Alexandre was very welcoming and we enjoyed our stay very much. We will almost certainly return. La Remise had a nice intimate feeling not always present in larger hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank suehowe14
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This has got to be one of my favorite hotels I've ever stayed at. We actually arrived way too early and the guests who were staying in our room the night were checking out as we were leaving. But we had afternoon tickets to the Concertgebouw and needed to wash the travel stink off of us. Even though the earlier guests had just departed and the room hadn't even been cleaned yet, Alexandre was nice enough to put our stuff in the room and use the bathroom to take a quick shower before the performance.

The room: We stayed in Chambre Nord which was immaculate and well furnished. Even the blankets felt luxurious. The bathroom looks like it is straight out of a high end design magazine. The bed was huge - it must've been a California king and was extremely comfy. There's also a chair and a closet to hang your clothes. Though the hotel doesn't have river views, the view is of the very quaint street that the hotel is on.

The hotel: Essentially, this is a typical Amsterdam flat that was converted into a B&B. There are 3 bedrooms each with their own bathroom and a kitchen at the top of the stairs. Oh, and like a typical Amsterdam flat, the stairs are numerous and very tiny and steep. I never woke up early enough but they serve breakfast in the kitchen every morning. The kitchen is pretty much the only communal space there.

The neighborhood: it's in a quiet, picturesque residential neighborhood though it's not far from anywhere you need to go. It's an easy 10 minute walk to the museums, De Wallen, etc.

Since this B&B is a converted flat in a non-touristy neighborhood, this place is for the traveler who wants to feel like they're living in Amsterdam. If you want to know what it would feel like to live in this wonderful city, you should definitely stay at La Remise. If you want to be pampered and have 24 hour room service, you should stay at the Hilton. (I believe Alexandre, the proprietor, lives in the unit below the B&B, but not necessarily on the premises).

I want to go back to Amsterdam just so that I can stay at La Remise again!

Room Tip: Stay in Chambre Nord or Sud. I believe that Chambre Blanche is the one at the top of the stairs rig...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ayjtardy, Owner at La Remise, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you so much, it was a pleasure having you. We hope to see you on your next visit.
Kind regards,
Alex

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I Was slightly worried before we arrived at the la remise. I am a keen tripadvisor reader so when I seen there hadnt been a review since October I just had to hope I had made the right choice for our new year get away.
My girlfriend and I spent 3 nights here over new year and this place can not be faulty.
Situated on a quiet neighbourhood street 500 yards for the Heineken museum and about the same from the flower market you are right in the heart of it without being too close.
The room we stayed in was beautiful..think boutique hotel.

The owners here have done a amazing job.

The second they open there first 10 room hotel, I will be booking a room.

• Stayed: December 2012