See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We're just back from a 2 night stay in Amsterdam at the Vondel View B&B. We couldn't have stayed in a more beautiful traditional Dutch building nor had a more warm, friendly welcome than we did from Rita. Our room, the Flower Room, was spotless and tremendously comfortable (wonderful kingsize bed). The bathroom was huge and luxurious but the thing that made our stay really marvellous were the amazing breakfasts! Absolutely delicious and imaginative, especially appreciated by two vegetarians. We travelled to Amsterdam from London by train. It was so easy and much, much nicer than travelling by air. We will definitely be visiting again soon and when we do, we'll definitely stay at the Vondel View - I recommend you do the same!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Vondel View B&B, and all of the wonderful things that people have said about it are absolutely true. Rita is a wonderful host, and the accommodations themselves - I was in the Flower Room - were beautiful. The breakfasts that Rita prepared were delicious, and homemade! The B&B is conveniently located right near a tram stop, and there are several places to eat along the street. (I highly recommend Kartika Restaurant.) Two things to point out for future guests. First, if you're staying in the Flower Room, on what Europe considers the first floor, the stairs are tricky. Best not to attempt drunk, I would think! Also, the bed, while comfortable, is a bit low. With achy muscles after a long day of walking around, I often find it difficult to get myself out of bed! These are only minor points, however. With online reviews, you often have to look at extremely positive ones with a bit of skepticism. I was happy to see that the Vondel View's reviews were well earned.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SKL41
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Both my boyfriend and I are first time travelers in Amsterdam. I chose Vondelview through Tripadvisor (my first time) and my boyfriend was very pleased with my choice. Our room was the flower room, with a beautiful ensuite bathroom and a lovely spacious room with typical dutch windows. We stayed for 2 nights on the 29th and 30th of June.

Make sure you get a pass for the Tram as there is a very convenient Tram 1 station next to the B&B. The location is great, very close to the Vondelview park, and there is a bike shop just around the corner and a 10 min walk away from all the other tourist attractions located at the city Centre. What I love about this place is it's nice to be able to wind-down after all the craze in Amsterdam, so peaceful and quiet.

Also, if you are staying with very heavy luggage, would not suggest to take the Flower Room as the house steps are very steep and relatively 'narrow'. Note, if you don't like cats you might be surprised to get a visit from the family cat, but he is very cute and cuddly, loves to be petted. I enjoyed his company very much.

I just wish we got to have Rita's delicious breakfasts always with an extra touch of a Dutch treat to share! Lovely hot bread basket, with cheese, ham and eggs done in different way, juice and yoghurt etc. Very filling and Rita the host was more than helpful and a delight to speak with. Overall, it was a very excellent stay and would come back here anytime.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yvonne K
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at Vondel View B&B during an extended weekend vacation (21.june.2013 - 24.june.2013) and had a wonderful experience.
The rooms were very clean, well organized and spacious. The bathroom was immaculate and very large.

The location is just perfect: very quit and you have the Vondelpark entrance just outside the hotel.

There is a bike rental place at 5 minutes walk from the hotel. We recommend everyone renting a bike, since that is a very useful means of transportation (there are bike lanes all over the city, at least in the central area where we hung out).

The breakfast was delicious and we were asked for preferences, in order to get the most out of it. We even had little pancakes specially cooked for our 4 years daughter!

There are a lot of good things to say about RIta, but the most important is the fact that she made us fell like home during our stay at Vondel View B&B.

P.S. "Cos" is a great cat!

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was at the first floor, and was perfect, since we had our 4 years daughter with us.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ștefan P
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great place to stay, it is meters from an entrance to Vondel Park and beside a main tram link into the centre (this can also be easily walked in 25 minutes and is a great way to see the city). It's a 5-10 minute walk through the park to the museums. Our room (the flower room) was beautiful with a particularly good painting in it that set the tone for our art themed trip. Rita is a great host provided lots of little things that make the stay extra special. We would not stay anywhere else when we return to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: June 2013