I stayed at La Festa for 2 nights during the first week of November with my partner. After reading other reviews on here and looking at La Festa's own website I was really looking forward to my stay there - and the experience did not disappoint!
The directions we had been sent by email were very helpful and we found the B&B with minimal fuss. Although we got the tram there we chose to walk to central station for our return journey as it was a very easy route that took no more than 25 minutes.
Upon arrival we were greeted by Bjorn and Aydin in their restaurant situated below the B&B. They were extremely friendly and offered a personal service from the outset.
Our room was on the first floor and located at the front of the building. Stairs could be an issue for those of limited mobility, but that is quite common in this type of establishment in Amsterdam. The B&B is located on a quiet side street so there was virtually no outside noise. The room was immaculate and equipped with 2 very comfy beds, a flat screen tv, free tea and coffee making facilities plus a very reasonably priced mini bar. The bathroom was lovely and the rain shower was great! The addition of things like an iron, umbrellas (it did rain quite a bit), extra pillows and a free safe were all very welcome.
Although we did not eat in the Italian restaurant downstairs it was full both nights we were there and if we were to return we would definitely want to try it. Locally you have a choice of bars, cafés and a very handy supermarket just round the corner. You can easily walk to all the main attractions of Amsterdam in 15-20 minutes or if you prefer there is a tram stop a couple of minutes walk away.
Although I have been to Amsterdam once before, I had a limited knowledge of what the city has to offer beyond the obvious. Therefore I found it very useful to receive an email off Bjorn and Aydin a week or so before we arrived. This provided information about various places to visit, excursions and any available discounts.
La Festa was an ideal choice for us and we would definitely go back. I can't recommend it enough! The only downside is that because it is quite small the rooms do seem to get booked up quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Bed & Breakfast La Festa, we take pride in offering highly personalised service in sleek, stylish, contemporary accommodations at highly competitive rates. Our B&B in the Jordaan area offers all the amenities you would expect of a four-star hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your B&B La Festa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bed And Breakfast La Festa
- b&b La Festa Hotel Amsterdam