“Best Falafels I have ever tasted”
Review of Sonny Falafel

Sonny Falafel
Ranked #1,230 of 4,046 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Neighborhood: De Pijp
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My wife and I are both Veggies and adore Falafels so we always check where there might be a good source when visiting a city. Sonny Falafels came up immdiately when searching online and after having had lunch there 2 days running I can see why. The Falfels AND the pita bread are cooked fresh whilst you wait and you can taste the difference! The selection of dips to add to your Falafels is comprehensive and equally fresh. Highly recomended!

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Visited 2 days ago. Fresh, very tasty, friendly, helpful.....Great falafel and fries, if we had stayed longer we would have had it again. Hope to go back sometime soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

One of the best falafels I've eaten. You get the falafel in pita bread and you add the rest of the ingredients yourself, so you can chose whatever you like best! then you can keep adding as you are eating.
We walked in the cold weather all the way from Rembrandt Square and we ate our falafel standing because the tables outside were all wet... well, not a problem at all!! the food made the long walk, cold and eating standing, so worth it!!
The fries are to die for!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

It was one of our highlights in Amsterdam. Very tasty, healthy and the best thing is that you can add as much as you want!! The fries were also good :)

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I love falafel and I've had them in different countries. Sonny's is the best. You know why? Because I actually tasted the falafel and not the fat/oil its fried in. I saw Sonn'y on the net and really wanted to try it. I was hungover from Friday night and my husband who can't read maps took me on an unnecessary long walk from our hotel at Leidseplein in the rain but when I tasted it, I completely forgot about the weather, the long walk etc..I was with my falafel and I was satisfied. How can something so simple be so so good? You get the Falafel with/without pita bread and you can filll it as much as you want with the all the condiments like hummus, salads, cucumber that looked so incredibly fresh. The service was also excellent and Sonny(who is Indian!!!!) and the funny Mevrouw take time to chat with tourists like us. It was an excellent experience and I'm going back there again when I'm in Amsterdam just for the falafel. But I also tasted the frites and it was also absolutely delicious. Sonny has taken time and made the effort to make quality falafel/friet by making them himself and using healthy ingredients like 80% fat free oil. No wonder they taste so good. The falafel cost 5euros so its not expensive and the friet/fries is 3 euros I think. How many snack bars you know is healthy. You have to go the Albert Kuip Market which is close by to Rijksmuseum to find it and say Hello to Sonny for me. And please do go there and taste the falafel and frit I guarantee you it will be one of your Amsterdam highlights!

1  Thank TravelBugRush