“Cosy Dutch cafe/bar with good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of De Blauwe Pan

De Blauwe Pan
Ranked #2,030 of 3,725 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, Bar, European
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Description: Are you going Tuesday with? That would be so nice ... A nice walk through our Jordan with a good guide. Of course including a fresh apple pie with whipped cream and a cup of tea or coffee on arrival. DELICIOUS! First you walk through the northern Jordan and when you are full of fun facts that told the guide takes you back along the Blue Pan. A delicious buffet lunch (delicious! Sandwiches, salads ...) Is here waiting for you, with different fruit juices and milk.
Jerusalem
“Cosy Dutch cafe/bar with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

I stopped in here on a bitterly cold January late morning. The place was warm and quite full. I had a pea soup with pieces of salami, which looked small but proved to be tasty and very filling. I also had a good Americano, and followed up with Gluwein (hot red wine). All tasty, with friendly service and reasonable prices. Good place to stop while "wandering through Jorda[a]n"...

• Visited January 2012

Aargau
“best Espresso at Westerstraat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

a good espresso is not easy to find in Amsterdam. Usually one gets something dark in a little glass bitter or tasteless. The Espresso at de Blauwe pan is one of the rare exceptions. It comes in an Espresso cup with the classic foam on top and smells and tastes very good. It should also be mentionned that the home made apple pie is excellent. During our stay I went many times there after I discovered the quality.
Service is very personal.

• Visited August 2011
Seattle, WA
“I went for pancakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

I was referred to this restaurant to try pancakes in Amsterdam. Although it was not particularly easy to find, a good map and directions were fine. It was early on what I was told was unusually nice day, so most people were dining in outside cafes. Since I was specifically in search of this place, it did not concern me to spend some time indoors. I was not disappointed but have to admit that I have no yardstick re: pancakes in Amsterdam to compare to! My meal was very tasty, service was good albeit a wee slower than I like and the price seemed fine. I sat by the window, so it was also fun to people watch. In a city like Amsterdam, there's LOTS to watch! This restaurant seems to make many of the other tourist lists for their pancakes and now I'm added to list of satisfied customers.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank eelSeattle
London
“Cosy Bar/Restaurant with a Friendly touch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2009

Walking into De Blauwe Pan in the Jordaan district you wouldn't think it could accomodate the needs of locals and tourists alike. However, the steady stream of both groups that came to De Blauwe Pan whilst I was there in July were all greeted warmly and well looked after. Being a traveller to many european cities my own 'note to self' is if the locals eat there then it must be good and this bar/restaurant will not let anyone down.

My medium rare steak was perfectly cooked with a generous helping of sides but the home made apple pie that followed was the best I have tasted since a previous visit to the U.S many years ago.

I got the impression that this is a new venture for one of the owners, Soraya, who I chatted with but they are certainly on the right track and anything that provides great food and service in the beautiful Jordaan district is an afternoon or evening well spent in Amsterdam.