“Best Breakfast in Amsterdam”
Review of Broodje Bert

Broodje Bert
Ranked #31 of 4,046 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Centrum
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had eggs and bacon for a late breakfast and it was awesome. The potion was very generous with 4 or 5 eggs and a load of bacon. There was also a salad and some bread to make if even more hearty. The service was nice, and it didn't take them much time to finish our food. The prices were very reasonable compared to other places in Amsterdam, but the quality was better than a lot. Broodje Bert is also located in a somehow quiet neighborhood so you can enjoy your meal in the morning with a peaceful setting.

1  Thank Jad J

Reviewed September 13, 2013

After reading many good reviews of this place, I was with two friends and told them we must try their food. We all ordered different sandwiches and thought it was rather poor in quality but good size. Poor service too. Amsterdam has so many great places to eat, and life is too short for a crap sandwich, that I would probably not go again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I eat here everyday that I'm in Amsterdam, and that is often.Fresh food at bargain prices. Great place to eat and people watch. Always top quality.

1  Thank eurodollars
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My sandwiche was ok/good but far from great. Price wise its very reasonable for Amsterdam, value for money was excellent as the sandwich was a decent size. I went for a melted cheese, tomato and ham roll. The roll was less than oven fresh (but in fairness we did visit mid afternoon so maybe they were fresh that morning) the ham was the normal dutch processed ham, the salad was again only ok, the lettuce had started to brown on the edges so also showed signs of not being that fresh.
The sandwich certainly filled a hole and didn't break the bank, however it wasn't this wonderful experience that others seem to come across when visiting.
Would I visit again next time I'm in town? Yeah I might, however I'll make the trip in the morning in the hope I'll encounter some fresher produce.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

A small sandwich shop along Singel canal that serves up delicious food at really great prices. We stopped here on a whim to grab a quick breakfast and were really happy we did. The tiny shop even has room for a small bathroom tucked in the back. Just watch your step, it is placed at the top of very steep stairs into the basement.