“EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Broodje Bert

Broodje Bert
Ranked #34 of 3,767 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, Cafe, European
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Centrum
Retford, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

After a bad experience on our last trip to Amsterdam we followed Tripadvisor recommendations and tried here for lunch. It was excellent 5 of us ate for 33 euros inc drinks and had more than our fill of excellent sandwiches and homemade soup. Plenty of choice on hot and cold sandwiches and all served with lovely fresh salad. Only regret we couldn't squeeze in a piece of delicious looking homemade apple pie.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Diane2310

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I loved this little cafe. I wanted to find it whilst in Amsterdam because the reviews were so good - I was not disappointed!

I had an open sandwich with salami, melted cheese, tomato and onion. My partner had a roast beef sandwich - the beef was rare (not what we would have ordered for a cold sandwich) but it was absolutely delicious...so much so that I made her swap half of hers for half of mine!

Coffee was great too - unlike many places in Amsterdam the waiter knew exactly what I wanted when I asked for a black Americano coffee - delicious.

Place itself is very cosy no tables just a 'bar' around the windows so you eat facing out and enjoy the view!

Visited April 2013
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Killer sandwiches, convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a quick lunch option near our rental and Broodje Bert was close and had excellent reviews so we gave it a shot - we were rewarded nicely. The sandwiches were awesome - my wife got the salami, cheese, and tomato and I got the burger. Both were excellent and filling at a great price. The service was friendly and efficient. We were in and out quickly, but it was definitely a place you could go with friends to linger over a nice lunch.

• Visited March 2013
Singapore
“I've never liked sandwiches this much!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

That was what my friend sitting next to me said halfway into her tuna sandwich. This place is just two minutes stroll from where we stayed, estherea hotel. It's not the kind of sandwiches you hold in your hands and munch. The portion is so huge you need fork and knife. The freshly squeezed orange juice went well with my Ham and tomato sandwich. I loved how the cheese is well toasted into the bread. Go early for the crowd starts coming at ten thirty.

• Visited April 2013
Manchester
“Amazing breakfast with canal views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Excellent value breakfast with big enough servings to keep you going til dinner. Try the eggs, ham and cheese breakfast. Wonderful.

Visited March 2013