“Fantastic”

Neighborhood: Centrum
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I loved this little cafe. I wanted to find it whilst in Amsterdam because the reviews were so good - I was not disappointed!

I had an open sandwich with salami, melted cheese, tomato and onion. My partner had a roast beef sandwich - the beef was rare (not what we would have ordered for a cold sandwich) but it was absolutely delicious...so much so that I made her swap half of hers for half of mine!

Coffee was great too - unlike many places in Amsterdam the waiter knew exactly what I wanted when I asked for a black Americano coffee - delicious.

Place itself is very cosy no tables just a 'bar' around the windows so you eat facing out and enjoy the view!

Visited April 2013

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Killer sandwiches, convenient location”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a quick lunch option near our rental and Broodje Bert was close and had excellent reviews so we gave it a shot - we were rewarded nicely. The sandwiches were awesome - my wife got the salami, cheese, and tomato and I got the burger. Both were excellent and filling at a great price. The service was friendly and efficient. We were in and out quickly, but it was definitely a place you could go with friends to linger over a nice lunch.

• Visited March 2013
Singapore
“I've never liked sandwiches this much!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

That was what my friend sitting next to me said halfway into her tuna sandwich. This place is just two minutes stroll from where we stayed, estherea hotel. It's not the kind of sandwiches you hold in your hands and munch. The portion is so huge you need fork and knife. The freshly squeezed orange juice went well with my Ham and tomato sandwich. I loved how the cheese is well toasted into the bread. Go early for the crowd starts coming at ten thirty.

• Visited April 2013
Manchester
“Amazing breakfast with canal views”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Excellent value breakfast with big enough servings to keep you going til dinner. Try the eggs, ham and cheese breakfast. Wonderful.

Visited March 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Conflicted!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Okay so it's a nice place and it's not too expensive and it's conveniently located. And I like how it sounds like it's a Dutch place when in reality it's actually a Turkish place. And I like how it's located on a corner so that you can sit outside and I'm a sunny day. And I like how it's run by a devout Muslim family who are still savvy enough to serve bacon sandwiches. So where's the conflict, you might ask? Well it's this: we ordered the Broodje Bert hamburger and it turned out to not be a hamburger at all. In reality, it was the well-known Turkish dish known as a kofte. In fact it was a pretty good kofte. It was served with a lovely salad. And a nice ciabatta bread. But it wasn't even close to being a hamburger. It was four small chopped lambs meat patties. Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive, but this strikes me as a little bit dishonest. Still it was pretty good, but I feel like I got my money's worth, and I'd probably go again. So all in what am I complaining about? The lentil soup we had was also terrific. And they gave us enough bread, which is really unusual in Holland. Alright, I'm shutting up now. It was pretty good. Go. Enjoy.

• Visited April 2013