Central Library (Openbare Bibliotheek)
Open today: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Central Library (Openbare Bibliotheek)
from $36.70
More Info
1,320 results
All reviews top floor children's section great view of the city mouse house modern architecture central station beautiful building worth a visit rainy day libraries escalator nemo dutch canal
Reviewed 2 days ago

We had about an hour to spend between dinner & our tour of the Anne Frank Haus, so going to the Openbare Bibliotheek was a perfect choice. We enjoyed a coffee while perusing the wide variety of magazines. Even for us non-Dutch speakers, we could enjoy a lot of the magazines. Beautiful setting that encourages all reading communities.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

It is so beautiful and there is a seesight on the last floor. It is a library of my dreams! Cozy places to study and read a book. There is a nice coffe and wifi, clean bathroons and free and easy entrance. Simply awesome! A must to see if you like culture!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Read in my guide book that this modern building has one of the best views of Amsterdam in the city from its restaurant terrace so had to give it a go. The highlight for me was the children’s department in the basement, a blueprint for what a children’s library should be like. The other highlight was the outdoor terrace on the 6th floor in the restaurant. Sadly it was raining when we went but on a bright day there would be great views of the city. Well worth a visit if you’re in this part of town or are a library lover.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Not well known it seems by many tourists, the top floor restaurant serves good food and provides excellent views over the city

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Amazing views from 7th floor and amazing restaurant very reasonable one of the best places to eat. Fantastic salads and sandwiches.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Inspiring modern building with a restaurant terrace on the top floor giving expansive views south over the city - with landmarks picked out/explained. Free entry and the food is great too!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very interesting architecture and library organization. Also, going to the top floor and take only fly more, you'll be rewarded with an amazing view over the city.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

I visited the library on my way to Central Station. I really couldn't believe how wonderful this library is ! Housed in a nice looking building, the library has so many floors ! You could get a bite to eat or drinks here and work on the computers, study in all areas of the library....in very comfortable chairs....with a view....I think I noticed librarians on every floor. I visited from 6-7 PM on a weeknight and there were a lot of people using the library, most on the computers, but others studying. The childrens' area had fun furniture and various play areas. What a fabulous library ! I came for a visit because I had heard there was a nice view from the very top floor where the eating areas were. Yes, there was a nice view from the outdoor seating space. I'm very glad I visited.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

All new Building, great view on the town, open 7 days a week, nice choice of dishes for cheap Money (but high Quality), 5 minutes away from Central Station.... Just go :)

Reviewed September 19, 2018

I cannot much write about this library because I did not have much time to spend at this place but if anyone does please spend some time here.