“Outstanding”
Review of Eetcafe Vlaming - CLOSED

Eetcafe Vlaming
Cuisines: Diner, Dutch, International, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Eetcafe Vlaming is closed but you can find us at Restaurant Vlaming
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Visited this restaurant on Friday night and can not recommend this place enough. My partner and I were staying close by and decided to give this place a try after reading some great reviews on TripAdvisor. We arrived without making a reservation so were were disappointed to find the place fully booked. We were thrilled exceptionally friendly staff managed to find us a table as another couple were just finishing up. The interior is beautiful, very comfortable, cosy and romantic with a spotless open kitchen. All of the food on offer sounded delicious, we opted for the sharing platter to start which was served on three tier plates which looked fantastic and tasted wonderful. The main courses were beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. The chef here clearly cares about the food they are putting out. I highly recommend that anyone visiting samples the home made limoncello which was by far the best I have ever tasted. Our night was made by the wonderful waitresses who were fun, friendly and well informed, they could not do enough to ensure we had a perfect evening.

3  Thank Paul C
There are newer reviews for Eetcafe Vlaming

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I had a great meal on 4th November, the staff were delightful and the food was excellent. We find a lot of Dutch food quite stodgy but this we delicious. It's not cheap but, we felt, worth the extra money. Well done!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Not knowing Amsterdam well, I was a little apprehensive as the taxi pulled up in a "quiet" street with not many other open shops nearby. However by the end of the night we were all very impressed with the selection and quality of our respective dishes. The tuna steak and beef steak went down a treat as did the redfish grill. Yum.

The service was excellent too.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Nice place to sit with good and friendly service.
The housewine was good, but my 'selection of the day' a rib-eye steak was not very tasteful and tender. My wive's cod was too rare.
The kides loved their chips and 'bitterballen'.
Mixed feelings.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

It is not easy to spot this brasserie, as it is in a basement and has no showy sign; but reviews on TripAdv had enticed us. And we were not disappointed. Service unusually quick and careful for the Netherlands; interior design unusually cared for, with glossy foody prints on the walls.
Menu, as described in other reviews, and actually that good.
Wine is also in carafs, for instance a caraf of Malbec at 18 €.