“Nice meal, not memorable”
Review of Eetcafe Vlaming - CLOSED

Eetcafe Vlaming
Cuisines: Diner, Dutch, International, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Eetcafe Vlaming is closed but you can find us at Restaurant Vlaming
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had read positive reviews about this place and it was very close to my hotel so I decided to try it. I was not disappointed - pleasant staff, good service, large portions (hey, couldn't have desert and that's usually a must for me). Had a good soup as appetizer and an excellent beef for main course. Was it the best steak I have ever had? Oh no! But it was good enough to justify the price. Will I be back? Possibly.

There are newer reviews for Eetcafe Vlaming

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Best meal we've had for some time. We had the scallops to start and I had lamb, my husband had the steak. All excellent then we had the chocolate bomb which was lovely. With a lovely bottle of white wine and great service, couldn't speak more highly of the place. Book it you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

If you want straight forward, honest, tasty food, you'll like this restaurant
Very nice mixed salad, great snap/green beans and mushroom side to share and both the tuna nd the special cod were stand up. Lots of people were eating the lamb chops and steak that smelled and looked tasty. The sticky toffee cake was absolute killer delicious. Nice service, well priced and really satisfying dinner

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We ate here for my partner's birthday and had a lovely three course meal. There were good vegetarian options and the food was all delicious. I mentioned that it was my boyfriend's birthday and they put a sparkler in her dessert and even the chefs sang Happy Birthday to him!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have been to both brasserie and the sister restaurant eten & drinken and they are both wonderful!
It's a family owned business, the service is perfect, they are very responsive, you do not wait long for the food and they always introduce the menu and the dishes.
The tuna steak is one of the best and the finger food starters are very good as well. They have a great wine selection and they are famous for the warm toffee pie which is their specialty and it is to die for indeed.
Both restaurants have a nice cozy interior, personally i prefer the Vlaming though.