“Amazing food”
Review of Eetcafe Vlaming - CLOSED

Eetcafe Vlaming
Cuisines: Diner, Dutch, International, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Eetcafe Vlaming is closed but you can find us at Restaurant Vlaming
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We always eat here when in Amsterdam. This time we ate twice. Everything was excellent. I had a pasta starter which was delicious and the Aberdeen beef was superb. Good value at 120 euros for two people. Three courses plus drinks and tip. Do not hesitate but book in advance.

There are newer reviews for Eetcafe Vlaming

Reviewed August 11, 2013

One of the best places to have your dinner in Amsterdam. A very relaxted admosphere and a happy staff that takes care that you will get a great memomry of a good dinner. The food is a unique choice of good cuisine, so not the averidge kind of food you'll find everywhere else. We will be happy to return.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I based my visit to this restaurant solely on the TripAdvisor reviews, so it's only fair that I write one myself. I brought my mother here on August 2, 2013 for her last dinner in Amsterdam before her flight out the next day, and we were super happy we went.

First, the meal started with a small pitcher of water on the table. If you live in Amsterdam, you will know that this is a huge deal for this small city. For a place that has amazingly clean and delicious tap water, it's really frustrating to be forced to buy water because the restaurant won't give you tap water and it's even more frustrating to pay more for water than you would beer. Right away, 5 stars.

But it just continued from there. The service was fun and friendly, and the chef came out a few times and even told us how she prepared the meal.

We each started with a starter with scallops, periwinkles, watercress and a light sauce. The seafood was cooked perfectly and we each really enjoyed the dish. I chose to have a glass of the recommended wine pairing, which was delicious.... although this brought up my only issue with this whole meal - the wine was too hot. But that was only to be expected when it was super hot that evening and I should have asked for an ice cube to put in the glass.

For the main course, you order the meat and then side dishes to go with them, each side dish being enough for two. I had the pork and my mother had the steak. We both RAVED about the dishes. The sauces were so delicious and the meat was just cooked perfectly. We each ordered suggested the wine pairing. Again, a winning combination.

As side dishes, we added a salad and the green beans / sugar snap peas / mushrooms. The salad was also great. A healthy portion and we loved the dressing. But the knockout was the gb/sp/m side dish. Perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned. Wonderful.

For dessert, my mother had the pear and cherries crumble. I had the sticky toffee cake with the suggested wine pairing. I mean, how much more can I rave about this food??

I say go. You must try it. It's worth it. My mother is still talking about this meal, and we went all over the city for dinner each night.

2  Thank ychoi12
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went first time but were caught out the kitchens shut at 22:00.
However it was worth the trip back, excellent staff and the Angus steak was perfect. Sticky toffee pie was delicious, and a great wine selection, very good staff. Best food we had in Amsterdam.

1  Thank A P
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We dined twice at Brasserie Vlaming. We had originally planned to visit Brasserie Vlaming once, followed by their sister restaurant, but we were so blown away by the food that we changed our 2nd reservation to Brasserie Vlaming.

On our first visit we had the scallops, sous vide duck, king prawns, and sticky toffee pie. They were all good, and the duck was the dish that prompted us to reschedule our 2nd reservation. It was really mind-blowingly fantastic.

We has the steak and duck on our 2nd visit. This time I felt that the duck was missing a little something. That doesn't mean it wasn't fantastic, just not as incredible as the previous visit. I thought the steak was nice, though nowhere as fantastic as the duck.

It was a little hard to get the waitresses' attention when it got busier, but they were always polite so it wasn't a big deal since we weren't in a rush.

Overall I would recommend trying Brasserie Vlaming, and I would definitely return if I visit Amsterdam again.

3  Thank HalloHelga