“Fabulous”
Review of Eetcafe Vlaming - CLOSED

Eetcafe Vlaming
Cuisines: Diner, Dutch, International, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Eetcafe Vlaming is closed but you can find us at Restaurant Vlaming
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We chose this restaurant after reading trip advisor reviews which were very good. We booked late on Sundayevening for a table that night and we were fortunate that a table was available. On arrival an hour later, the owner greeted us personally and showed us to the table with a good review of the menu. We were not disappointed. A great dining experience and we shal return on our next visit....

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Also saw good reviews of this restaurant on Trip Advisor and we weren't disappointed. They have a fairly limited menu but everything on there looked really good. Our food was delicious and the sticky toffee pudding is definitely the best I've ever tasted. I liked that they suggested wines to go with each dish and that you could have all the wines as either a bottle, a carafe or just a glass

The ambiance of the restaurant was perfect - nicely lit and subtle decor. We were there for a family meal but this would make a great romantic location too. The staff were really friendly and it was nice to see the owner in the restaurant too.

I'll definitely go back here again when I'm in Amsterdam - loved it!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Prior to visiting Amsterdam, I browsed Trip Advisor looking for some good restaurants including this one. I booked one before going and received an email in reply, which I took to be confirmation but as this was in Dutch I was unable to read this. When we arrived in Amsterdam we went to Vlaming Brasserie at the time I had booked, 7.00 pm but they were unable to find any record of my booking and were fully booked for the evening. The manager and owner were most apologetic and helpful in fitting my wife and I in. There was no pressure to finish our meal or to vacate the table for others. The owner was most concerned that he could find no record of our booking. The visit was wholly worthwhile and justified all of the comments that we had read on Trip Advisor. I can honestly say that the Tuna in a soy sauce that I had was cooked to perfections and the best I had ever tasted. Likewise my wife's pork. The restaurant was small and intimate, with an excellent personal service from the owner and his staff. i could not give it any higher recommendation.

1  Thank PATRICKDON
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

O lugar tem um estilo rústico de bom gosto. Comemos vieiras de entrada, e o prato principal foi costela de porco com molho trufado e filé com funghi. Delicioso!!

The place has a rustic style, but in a modern way. Starters scallops were just amazing, and for main we had a pork rib with truffle sauce and a fillet with mushroom sauce. Everything just delicious!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place is a good as the reviews which precede this one say it is - thats why we chose it.
The food and wine were fantastic. Service was a bit slow, hence 4 out of 5.

It's best to book, as we were unable to get a table on a Saturday night, but got a booking for the Sunday.