“Very average”

Boutique Hotel View
Ranked #99 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel was ok, and location was really good. But we found it very noise with cleaning from early morning. Also, we lived on the 3rd floor without lift and take to carry our luggage, it was steep and hot, really unconfortable. The rooms were really hot, no air conditionning and small windows. The equipment of the room, and especially the bathroom was really average. I do not really understand how this hotel got this rating.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I just visiting Amsterdam for the first time in June, 2014. It was a delightful experience enhanced by my stay at the Boutique Hotel View. I was traveling alone but every time I entered the hotel I felt like I was coming home! Natalie and her staff were SO helpful and I even got to test one of Natalie's gourmet pancakes. Breakfast at the hotel was such a treat. If I ever get the opportunity to return to Amsterdam I know I'll have a 'home' at the Boutique Hotel View!

Room Tip: I had a room with a wonderful view of a canal. There was even a blue heron who came each morning fo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 7, 2014

i stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in early june 2014, i was very impressed. the hotel is lovely, well appointed with every thing we needed, close to all the places we wanted to visit, on the edge of the canal with good views, excellent price, great hosts.
i didnt expect to be looked after as well, with the hotel being 2 star, but it proved to be the making of our trip. a good hotel with friendly staff and proprietor made the difference between an average trip and a really good one. natalie the owner cooked our breakfast each day with a smile and good conversation helping us plan our day with good local knowledge. the hotel was clean and a good mix of modern furnishings and character features. we had a deluxe room overlooking the canal, great views. eric the night porter was also helpful and great when questioned on local events/museums and trips out. overall i reccomend this hotel and its location and wont stay anywhere else when i next visit amsterdam.

Room Tip: deluxe room is spacious and ours had a canal view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank maffmunkey
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great location and very friendly helpful staff. Close to everything but looking out on quiet canal. Some rooms are small and stairs are steep - no lift- so book a larger room for a longer stay. Nathalie great source of local information and kindly located us in a first floor room.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This place is so cute. The host Nathalie and her family are so welcoming you feel as though you are coming home.

The room was large and spotless, even available early.

I just loved that breakfast, which was made to order each day. Fresh eggs, done however you like and pancakes cooked on the spot. Yummy fresh fruit, cereals and breads. It's like have a home-cooked breakfast made for you.

Nathalie's mum is chief barista and makes a mean coffee. There is a huge variety of teas.

I loved the two cats and the singing dog. She sings along to music and hit's hilarious!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank FiB1967
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I only had one day in Amsterdam as part of a stopover on a business trip. I chose this hotel because of it's location and because it was not a very large establishment. Upon arrival, I was immediately upgraded to a bigger room with a view for the same price. Everyone from Nathalie, her mother, to staff members, made me feel very welcome and at home. Breakfast cooked by Nathalie's mother was awesome and reminded my of the pancakes my mother used to make. When I read other posts about this hotel, people complained about the stairs. Were they steep and narrow? Yes, however, Nathalie and her staff carried by bags up and down for me. This is part of the service they provide and guest should avail themselves of it. The location was perfect...in the canal zone, close to everything and very quiet. When I come back to Amsterdam, this is where I will stay again and again. I'd like to thank everyone at the hotel for making this a most pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We are staying here for 2 nights and really pleased with everything! Lovely friendly owner, lovely big room which was an upgrade and bed comfy. No breakfast included in our stay but the delivery of a new coffee machine might change that in the morning!
Definitely coming back next year!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple