“Great for a short break”

Boutique Hotel View
Ranked #95 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Just got back from a two night stay in Amsterdam. Great hotel with nice and friendly staff. Natalie's pancakes are the best - bacon and cheese and a new experimental lemon recipe. What an introduction to Dutch pancakes!!

The hotel has steep stairs, which could be a problem. Our room was a good size, with very comfrey beds, although the bathroom was small, with just a shower.

Great location, very central. We walked everywhere with no problem - other than achey feet!!

Would definately return, hopefully soon!!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mawelby

Reviewed June 3, 2014

All in all charming. Not cheap though. I guess that is market forces at work.
The host and night porter were very helpful. The cat was above it all.

There is no lift so accessibility could be an issue in this old building.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Our first experience of Amsterdam was made marvellous by staying at The Boutique Hotel View. We arrived on an early flight but Natalie was happy to look after our luggage for a few hours while we had a walk around and got our bearings while our room was made ready. She then upgraded us to a wonderful, spacious room (103) with a canal view. We stayed for 3 nights. Breakfast was fantastic, with your choice of breads, meats, cheese, fruit, cereal, juice, tea, coffee, but the bacon and cheese pancakes were the best! Natalie made the pancakes to order. She and her staff were very friendly and helpful at all times, including her mum. The area was very central to museums, sights and the Leidseplein with many dining options. We certainly will stay here again and recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a canal view room.
2  Thank Deb M
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for four days with my husband. We found it perfect. The room was of a good size, the hotel was in a decent location and hotel staff were extremely friendly. Breakfast was gorgeous, the pancakes were beautiful. There were lots of nice little homely touches such as umbrellas by the door and tea and coffee facilities down stairs. I would definitely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: The stairs are steep so you may want to take that into consideration if needed.
2  Thank Davinia A
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I always re-read the reviews before we get to the hotel so I know what to expect. Everyone says they let them check in early and upgraded them so I was expecting good things. We got there about 90 minutes before check in time and was abruptly told that they never let anyone check in before 2 so we left our bags and went out. When we came back we checked in a went up the very steep stairs to our room. We literally had the smallest room I have ever seen. It had a double bed and it touched 3/4 walls in the room and for the 4th wall there was only about 1 foot between the bed and the wall. The only way to get past each other was to back out to the hallway or walk around each other on the bed. The whole bathroom is the size of a normal stand up shower. We stayed at a tune hotel in London, which are known to be very small and its stated size on the website was smaller than what Boutique hotel view said their room was but I would guess the Tune hotel was at least double the size. It was terrible.

Most importantly to know is that there is NO AIR CONDITIONING and Amsterdam is hot hot hot! It was impossible to cool down.

The staff was wonderful, friendly, helped you figure out where to eat and what to do. The breakfast is amazing and if I was reviewing this as a restaurant it would be 5/5.

The location is also really close to one of the entertainment districts and it was a 5 minute walk to dozens of restaurants, which was great!

This was the most expensive hotel on our entire Europe trip and it was by far the worst. Not worth the money.

Room Tip: DO NOT book a double room. It is too small for 2 people and shouldn't even be offered for 2 gue...
6  Thank walking-cowgirl
Reviewed May 25, 2014

As a solo traveler on business, I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the conference I was attending and because of the great price. The location is great in general, it's very close to the tram, there's a canal cruise kiosk in walking distance and a number of restaurants in very close walking distance.

I arrived early in the afternoon and my room was ready. It was in the lower part of the hotel. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, my only complaint was the mildewy smell coming from the shower and that the drain in the shower was clogged so my shower had to be short or water would run out into the room.

I was re-located on my last night to a lovely room on the top floor with a modern bathroom, comfortable bed and lovely view of the canal.

Breakfast is in the lobby area and you have your choice of croissants, fruit, cheese and meats or you can have eggs or pancakes made. I woke up one morning to the smell of croissant's baking, wonderful!

Just an fyi, if you're mobility impaired in any way, be advised there are a lot of stairs to get up and down, depending on what floor you're staying on and the stairs are very narrow.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room on the second floor and above
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We had a lovely time in Amsterdam, Natalie and family made it even better, very friendly, helpful hints at what to do and see. You MUST have the breakfast each morning, very healthy and lots of it. The lobby had a dog and cat welcoming us each time we returned, the room was very comfy. Hotel is set in Museum quarter and close to Canal tour ticket office, I recommend using the canal to get to north and the Zoo, which was a surprising highlight of our holiday. We will return to Amsterdam again, I think we will try and book into The Boutique Hotel View again as it was perfect for us, maybe we will get the top floor view of the city, thank you Nathalie again.