“Awesome service, hotel and location!”

Boutique Hotel View
Ranked #108 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We went there for a short break from the 09 july till the 11th.
Considering the city we were a bit worried about the quality of the hotels, we were very surprised to see that actually the pictures were matching exactly what you would see in person! The room was compact (for a short break it's absolutely fine) but beautifully set and with a very good bathroom. The bed was super comfy and we had a beautiful canal-side view! Always very clean and with an inviting smell at breakfast.
The deal is the you have the service of an hotel but the welcoming of a family!
It's not a two star hotel beside the fact it has no lift!
The owner and "mama" are super-cool people, we'll definitely go back there once in Amsterdam again!!!
Luca&Valentina

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 12, 2011

My husband and I just returned from a Europe trip - we started in Italy (Rome-Florence-Naples-Capri), and we planned to head to Amsterdam on the ultimate American holiday: July 4th.

With travel comes unexpected twists, and we experienced just that when my husband's wallet (w/ passport, traveler's checks, a memory card, credit cards, ID and $300 euro) was stolen on the train in Rome. It happened on a Sunday, which meant that the US Embassy was closed. Unfortunately, the following day was the 4th of July, the United States' Independence Day = US Embassy was closed. We were scheduled to fly out of Rome to Amsterdam at 6:20am on July 4th.

We were unable to travel without my husband's passport, and we had to miss our Amsterdam trip completely. Although Italy was amazing - beautiful culture, great food, amazing sites - we were looking forward to Amsterdam the most.

This brings me to my review of Boutique Hotel View. What first struck us about this hotel is the aesthetics - the building itself, rooms, lobby are adorable! Beyond that, their website is professional and their prices are just right.

I emailed Boutique Hotel View, explaining that we will be a no-show in Amsterdam. I lamented about our experience, and to my surprise, the General Manager reimbursed us for our stay. This literally brought tears to my eyes since my husband and I lost about $1500 in this experience. After going through the authorities in Italy - feeling (unfortunately) helpless - it is so refreshing to come across someone that has compassion.

My husband and I do plan to travel to Amsterdam in the coming years, and we plan to stay with Boutique Hotel View. Any hotel or General Manager of a hotel that exhibits such humanity and kindness, I will rant and rave! I do hope you take my review into account and book your time with Boutique Hotel View!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Just back from staying for 3 nights in the triple room with my mum and sister. Excellent room, lovely high ceilings, great furnishings, small bathroom but functional.

Staff were brilliant - particularly the sister, didn't get her name.

Had breakfast on one morning which was good, but wanted to explore the area and try other places.

Location was perfect, walked to most places and it was quiet in the night time which allowed for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Small room but very clean and modern. Only disadvantage was that we were on the fourth floor - very tiny steep staircase which was difficult for hauling up luggage.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2011

A great locations for those who don't mind taking the tram and enjoy a good nice sleep. Very quiet but only a minute walk to a busy restaurant area. And with the tram but 10 minutes from the center or museum areas. Very friendly staff and good breakfast: for 10 e all-you-can-eat coffee, tea and juices, bread, croissants and rolls with cheese or meat, yoghurt and fruits and they make your eggs just as you like them.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the stairs, go to the top
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Siirinen
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We stayed here for four nights-a Monday through a Friday and had a great stay. Our 13 year old son was with us so we had a triple room-large by European standards and comfortable. The beds were soft and it was quiet at night-hard to come by in Amsterdam. The owners were friendly and very helpful. It was unseasonably warm-hot and humid for a couple of days, but there was a fan in the bedroom which helped us with comfort at night. Steep stairs-which is also not unusual for a canal row house. Very close to tram stop and the Rikjsmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: email them and make a request
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Whilst the service is very friendly and the location is great we didn't totally love it. What let us down is the fact the the double beds are simple two singles put together (and even made separately). Also we didn't necessarily feel it was great value for money. However the staff are incredibly friendly, helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple