“A Thoroughly Enjoyable Event”

Amsterdam Jewel Cruises - Dinner Cruise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy a candlelight cruise on a charming antique riverboat while savoring a gourmet dinner.Comfortable and intimate. 20 seats only. A very friendly and discrete staff takes care of your well-being. During the cruise of almost 3 hours you can enjoy the historical city center with its enchanting canals, bridges and houses in the most beautiful way. You and your company always will be seated at a private table.On board we offer you a selection of starters, main courses, desserts, wines, beers and other beverages. Dinner is freshly prepared by our chef.Amsterdam Jewel Cruises offers you the most romantic and tasteful way to enjoy Amsterdam, the Venice of the North.An unique experience, not to be missed when visiting Amsterdam!(Please note that this is a sailing restaurant and not a guided tour. More information and tickets available on the website.)
Milton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Thoroughly Enjoyable Event”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I took this dinner cruise in early September. The boat is magnificent, the food was fantastic, and seeing Amsterdam by night enchanting.

We had one of the three tables toward the front of the boat. This allowed us to chat with the captain about the sights during the cruise. We were also fortunate to have delightful couples at the adjacent two tables, making for enjoyable dinner conversation.

Worth every penny of the price!

1 Thank CryptoWilly

Cary, North Carolina
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“One of the best things we did our whole vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I found this tour on Tripadvisor and am very glad we did this. The meal was even better than I was expecting which is hard to believe and the slow cruise around Amsterdam's canals at night and the overall experience was just a good as it gets. The small boat is intimate and beautifully maintained as noted by other reviewers and the captain and first mate put on a great experience despite being low key and very service focused. I highly recommend this trip. Not for children though but great for couples.

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Great experience, highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Me and my husband went on the cruise last night, and we had an amazing evening.
We had read great reviews, but the night passed all expectations. The boat is truly beautiful, the captain and crew were wonderful and so friendly, and the food was outstanding.
The cruise really made our holiday, highly recommended!

Visited October 2012
Vancouver, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Expensive and not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were in Amsterdam at the end of September to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday. I saw this dinner cruise rated on trip adviser and due to the high ratings decided to book it, even though I felt it was very expenisive at €225 for two (+ drinks on top), I decided that as it was a special occasion it was worth paying the extra. I wish I had not.
As the reviewer below stated, the boat was very small, and really not very romantic due to the fact that we were crammed in. Everytime the waitress passed our table she kicked my chair which became very annoying as the night went on. The food was of a high standard however really not worth what we had paid. The wine list was disappointing. There was a house wine at around €26 and then a couple of others priced around €35+. We chose the house wine however it was not of a very good quality.
I was not sure whether to rate this dinner cruise as poor or average, however as the cost does not reflect our experience, I have marked as poor. All in all I would not recommend this dinner cruise. If I could go back in time I would spend our money having a really nice meal in a really nice restaurant and take a seperate river cruise.

13 Thank Poppy C
Dublin, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Almost perfect evening!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I had 2 nights in Amsterdam only and decided to take this romantic dinner cruise on one of them. We both thoroughly enjoyed it and the major blemish (mentioned below) was something that is really beyond the control of the operators, so I have not marked them down for it. The boat was exquisite - small and cosy - and the food was just outstanding. The boat stops twice at a restaurant where it collects the food, so it is cooked elsewhere (no smelly kitchen to bother you) and is hot and exceptionally high quality. The lights of Amsterdam by twilight and night are beautiful, the service is discreet and informative, but in a very non-intrusive way, and the cruise lasts around 3 hours or so.

If I had to quibble I'd note that perhaps the boat was a little too cosy and we felt somewhat squished in at our table when nearby patrons spread themselves out. The trip is not cheap and is not something you would want to do on a daily basis, but the experience was so unique that we felt it was worth it.

Our only real complaint, however, was the behaviour of our fellow diners. You can't choose them, of course, so maybe we were just unlucky, but the romance of the evening was definitely spoiled by a pair of loud couples and a well-meaning but interfering woman in the same part of the boat.

3 Thank Decorum