“Succulence and quality”

Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I’ve been to Amsterdam numerous times and have sampled all kinds of food and restaurants in that amazing city – but never a steakhouse-style place. Until now. And boy, did Gauchos deliver the goods! Probably the tastiest, most succulent steaks my partner and I have ever eaten, accompanied by Hoegaarden beer (for him) and house red (for me). An outstanding main course, cooked medium-rare exactly to order; for me, quite an eye-opener. We left after an unhurried evening, very contented.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We had seen lots of Argentinian restaurants around Amsterdam which prompted our craving for steaks. Our guidebook reminded us of Gauchos (we go to the one in London so we know we'd get a great steak here).

Our waitress showed us the steaks that they have to offer and explained the differences. She was very chatty and friendly. Our steaks arrived and each one done to perfection. The chimichurri sauce was delicious and we also ordered the pepper sauce which had a nice heat to it. We also had the French fries with garlic & parsley sauce/dressing which was tasty but not enough (that was the only criticism).

The kitchen was understaffed and the restaurant managers had to step in to help but they still produced great food.

We had the 3 chocolate dessert and strawberry with chocolate sauce, icecream & whipped cream which my niece was very disappointed it only had 2 small strawberries (we felt this was very mean portion).

Altogether we enjoyed our meal and was looked after well by the staff.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Went in here on the off chance and was really suprprised! Had avoided this restuarant on acciount of the touting for trade as this puts me off. However, humble pie eaten! It was so much better than expected. The steak was divine and cooked to prefection and a joy to be able to have a baked potato as opposed to chips!. Service friendly,unhurried and attentive in an unobtrusive way. There are hunrdeds of steak houses in the city and this is one that is worthy of a visit!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Been to this resturant twice, both times the service and food was very good, next time i will book a table further ino the resturant as i always seem to be close to the door probably becasue i never book. Plan on going again this year as i will be traveling on holiday with the family.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

After being deprived of steak for a few months, this place was recommended to my by Hotel Aalders. I was NOT disappointed. Attentive staff, stylish decor and excellent food! My steak was cooked to perfection as was the baked potato.
I got the three course special and it was well worth the value.