“Cool place”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Cool place”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

It's a little out of the way, but so worth the trip. Food is delicious and affordable, and the atmosphere is really unique. Loved the open kitchen and vintage cars.

• Visited March 2013

Gytheio, Greece
“Again very good”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Although the place was crowded, the staff did find a place for us. And the classic ones: oysters and a half lobster are always and again a good starter. So were the main courses and their special dessert: Hemelse modder (Mud from heaven). I don't know how they do it, but the staff is always very attentive and know about the food. Good job!!

• Visited May 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food, Stunning Venue”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I went here with around 15 friends. We were on a "hen do". The first impression of the restaurant was that it was vast - it's basically an industrial unit on the waterfront. The menus were all in Dutch but since our grasp of Dutch only went as far as saying, "hello" and ordering beer the waitress was kind enough to translate and explain the menu. The food was amazing - fresh, beautifully presented and so tasty. The house wine was also excellent - in fact it was so good and we demolished so much of it that we were very surprised that our bill only amounted to around €60 each (including a tip).

Aside from the food and drink the staff were exceptionally friendly, attentive and accommodating and the space itself is stunning. There are many aspects to the venue - a couple of mezzanine levels, where you can smoke (smoking isn't permitted at the dining tables). The whole place has such a wonderful quirky feel with lots of art, vehicles - cars, motorbikes, motorboat and bicycles - and just cool stuff gracing the spaces. There's also a huge separate area at the back of the venue where you can smoke and where there's a table-tennis table (which I did try out and can conclude that my hand-eye coordination is quite good even under the influence).

There were quite a few families with kids and the kids were in their element exploring all the areas - yeh, we were the big kids doing this too :D

I will definitely go back when I return to Amsterdam... soon :)

• Visited May 2013
Helsinki, Finland
“Yes sir!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

What a trip. Taxi ride to the end of the city to a industrial area of some sort near the sea. Can't quite remember. We all thought that we've given a wrong address... But no. there it was Hotel de goudfazant! A big hangar with open doors and stylish people enjoying the evening. Bistro type food and good drinks in a relaxed and innovative space. The staff was a bit hard to point out cause they were dressed in casual clothes and were easily mixed with customers. Top experience though. In every way!

• Visited July 2012
Nimy, Belgium
“Best meal of 2012”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I can't remember if it was Tripadvisor or a Google search for 'great restaurants in Amsterdam' that led me to Hotel de goudfazant, but whoever it was I am very grateful. I picked the restaurant for my belated 30th birthday meal (my 30th birthday being the reason we were here). Previous reviews had mentioned catching a ferry to the location but as there were 6 of us we just caught a taxi (cost us 30 euros). Hotel de goudfazant really is tucked away but it makes for an exciting trip (although I realised after my return that there is a nightclub next door so a few places nearby).

We were asked to wait at the bar whilst our table was finished being sorted (I booked a table in advance which I recommend) and the staff and owner were very polite. They were surprised that we were English as they said they didn't have too many of us come visit. Less than ten minutes and our table was ready and we were seated.

I can only apologise for my poor memory as I don't remember what I had specifically. I know I had pate and it was delicious and for my main I had fish which was also amazing. We have some very nice restaurants in Bristol and my friends and I have been to many over the past year or so and we declared this our best meal of 2012.

During our conversation with the owner and the meal my friend had mentioned several times that is my 30th (perhaps hoping to get me a free glass of wine). A few of us ordered a coffee complete (coffee with gorgeous chocolates and biscuits).Whilst we were waiting and chatting the lights (of the ENTIRE restaurant (well minus kitchen etc)) went out and we asked what was happening. Just then my coffee complete arrived with what can only be described as a firework next to it!

It was a lovely end to a lovely meal. I now live near the Netherlands and will be planning on visting this brilliant restaurant very soon.

• Visited December 2012