“Perfect Indian away from home”
Review of Koh-i-Noor

Koh-i-Noor
Reserve with
Koh-i-Noor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 3,900 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Free wi-fi in both retsuarants . 1. Westermarkt 29.1016 Dj. Amsterdam.2. Rokin 18. 1012 Kr amsterdam.
Kent
“Perfect Indian away from home”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

As a typical Brit my wife and I love a Saturday evening curry and this restaurant is brilliant. If, like us, you are a curry fan you have to go here, the staff are brilliant and the food just as good. Located in the heart of Amsterdam the tram stops nearby the restaurant is cosy, clean and inviting. They even have seating outside if you fancy a bit of fresh air. Price wise it is comparable to the UK no silly prices and the dishes are a decent size. Highly recommended for a good curry you will not be dissapointed!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
“Great food and good price”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I had lamb biryani which came with salad and soup. It was really delicious and the portion was good. The rice pudding was amazing and Indian tea with milk was awesome. The Nan was fresh and delicious.The Indian music and polite staffs make a nice relaxing ambiance.
For the price I paid, 25, it was great and I should mention that the left over was more than enough for my second meal.

• Visited July 2014
“Lovely staff, not so great food”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Had high expectations considering earlier comments on this place. Unfortunately, neither I or my company found the food here anything to get excited about. We ordered 4 vegetarian dishes that were pretty much tasteless. Maybe it's because I'm of Indian origin that I can't be lured by some haphazardly put together dish called "authentic Indian food". But I've definitely had better restaurant-prepared Indian food elsewhere, and my company of European origin agrees. Luckily there was some pickled chutney around to save the day! However, I can't say anything about the meat dishes as I haven't tried them. The only positive experience was the friendly service. Spent the last 10-15 minutes or so having a great chat with the owner.

3 Thank Fatimah F
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent indian dinner”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

You wouldn't guess if you were just looking from outside, but here you'll find excellent indian food, one of the best we ever had ! Everything was delicious ! We were four (one of us a 11-year-old kid), we had two meals + samossas and massala lamb chops. There was plenty of food for everyone ! We also ordered drinks (lassis and a laaarge Fisherking beer), cheese naans, and chai, and only paid 85?.
The waiters were adorable, we would definitely recommand this place. We could cross all France and Belgium to go back to this lovely restaurant !

Seattle, Washington
“Traverlers' Favorite”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I have traveled to many places in Western Europe and enjoyed a plethora of restaurants and we both agreed Koh-I-Noor is one of our favorites. We enjoyed our experience and meal so much the first night we decided to go back again the next night. The service was superb, over the top friendly and accommodating. When the owner discovered it was our second visit, he refilled our wine glasses for free, however the gratuitous wine was not what astounded us ( although very nice) it was the fact that the restaurant was full with more people coming in and he was actually encouraging us to linger longer...a first. Regarding the recommended reservations, we went before 8:00 each night a there were ample tables available. Just go!

1 Thank Journies42