“Best indian food I've ever had!”
Review of Koh-i-Noor

Koh-i-Noor
Reserve with
Koh-i-Noor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 3,853 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Free wi-fi in both retsuarants . 1. Westermarkt 29.1016 Dj. Amsterdam.2. Rokin 18. 1012 Kr amsterdam.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best indian food I've ever had!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Four of us had dinner on the evening of Sept25/13. We only were in Amsterdam for 1 night and we were very happy with our choice of restaurant. We ordered chicken tikka masala which was delicious, shrimp biryani which was the table favorite, and lamb vindaloo. The vindaloo was too spicy for me, the server tried to warn us!
The service was excellent, as was the house wine. The owner was working that evening, as I suspect he usually does, and he was very gracious and kind.
I will definitely go back next time I am in Amsterdam, but I won't order the vindaloo;-)

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Kaiserslautern, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good, reasonably priced indian food”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I found the food to be quite delicious, the location is also very good, easy to reach.
Most importantly, I found the staff to be very friendly and make you feel very comfortable.
I would definitely recommend it to any indian missing home food.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Tasty”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I went to the Koh-I-Noor restaurant with a few friends during my graduation trip. The food was exelent and the servis was very friendly as well as attentive, helpful and talkative. The menue includes quite a variety of dishes and the famous Naan was absoluteley lovely.
In the end we asked for a taxi and that wish was also very helpfully fullfilled.

Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
“Hidden gem of Amsterdam!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My two friends and I arrived in Amsterdam very hungry and Kho-I-Noor was just next to where we were staying. We decided to give it a try and walked into a packed restaurant that smelled AMAZING. The owner came over to us and explained that they were booked, but that the other location (just a 5 minute walk towards the Dam) was available and that he would call his brother, who owns it, and ask him to set up a table. After giving detailed instructions, including a hand-drawn map, we walked to the other location where we were given a warm welcome. After recommendations for the butter chicken and tikka masala, we enjoyed a great first meal in Amsterdam. It was so good that we went back two nights later and once again enjoyed great food and service! All staff was friendly and even gave us complimentary after dinner drinks. Definitely recommend, and I will miss this place!

Scotland
“Great food with service to match”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

So glad we decided to have a meal here.Right away the staff made us feel very welcome with their aim to please and professional approach. A very relaxing place .The food was of great quality.Special note - the lamb/ spinach dish. Lamb was very tender and tasty.I could say more about the good food here! Thank you to the gentleman who was overseeing the restaurant-friendly,professional and most helpful. He gave us a few tips on local area and outer city visits which we did do and really enjoyed- thanks a lot!

• Visited September 2013