TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Perfect Way to Kick Off Our Trip

My husband and I landed from the US last Thursday morning after an overnight flight and were booked... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
RachRuth
Madison, New Jersey
Diverse and inclusive world of Amsterdam

Amazing experience, also suitable for families with teens ( mom says!), Alexandra will give you a... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
6zalinad
Tbilisi, Georgia

All reviews apple pie walking tour story teller bicycle parking real stories unique tour brilliant storyteller bike mechanic beloved city heard stories tour offers intimate group personal stories local life highly recommend taking this tour standard tour coffee shop
Selected filters
Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

I did the tour together with my family from Turkey and this tour was on so many levels amazing! First of all it’s a small group so there is constant interaction. The storytelling is wonderful and so easy to relate to! The settings and locations Alexandra chose our places we would never have found or be able to enter ourselves, like the sex workers room. Another part is that you meet locals and and and! Thank you Alexandra, I hope that Who Is Amsterdam expands to other cities!

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

Wow!! What an amazing tour!! I cant imagine my visit to Amsterdam without it. Coming from the U.S. for the first time, I did not know what to expect. Alexandra thought of everything on this tour, and I came away knowing the history of Amsterdam, where the best spots are, my way around the city,and a real understanding of the people who make Amsterdam what it is. As a business owner myself of a women's boutique, it was so intriguing to me to learn about who owned the coffee shop, why he started his biz, what he sells, how the government sees him. SO INTERESTING!!!! And the vintage shop owner...! I will forever be grateful for meeting Ari and getting to go in the back of his shoppe and learn about his 2nd business of bottling water. And the red light district??? Having all my questions answered before I even asked them,and obviously would have never had them answered! Haha.
I could go on and on. I recommend this tour to anyone who has a true interest in people. Alexandra has compiled a tour of amazing Amsterdamers (is that a word!?) And even if you lived there your whole life, or across the world. It would be worth going on! Thank you so much, Alexandra for the amazing experience!! -Stacy from Kansas City

Reviewed February 1, 2019

'WhoisAmsterdamTours' is a must! and if you can, aim to take this different and enlightening tour at the beginning of your stay in Amsterdam. The inspirational, eye-opening and uplifting stories will make you embrace Amsterdam even more.
Alexandra's (the tour guide) love for Amsterdam, radiates through her stories and somehow she is able to make them relatable to both young and old. My 16 year old said it was the best tour on our whole holiday. (We loved the 'treats' along the tour too)
Some logistical facts - without going into details on the content, (as the unknown makes it even more special), it is very easy walking, with little rewarding stops along the way. Also with parts of the tour covering the 'Coffee' shops and Red-light district, Alexandra was very apt at making the tour both interesting and appropriate for the range in ages in our group, as she links the common themes between the people and their places.
Thank you Alexandra - we loved Amsterdam even more because of your tour.

Reviewed January 17, 2019

This is not a tour but a real local experience. It is different and simply fantastic. I experienced the city through the eyes of real Amsterdammers which left me with a great connection to the city. Also meeting some of the Amsterdammers was wonderful and it helped me to understand the city on a very personal and relatable level. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed January 11, 2019

This was an amazing experience! Alexandra shared stories of people in Amsterdam through their lens. She addressed important topics and shared her story with us as well. She expressed genuine interest in us, and our connection and experience with this beautiful city. I was a female solo traveler and felt comfortable immediately. No other tour could give me this kind of experience! 100% would recommend