“Wonderful Surprise”
Review of Restaurant Daalder

Restaurant Daalder
Ranked #10 of 4,003 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Description: When you come into our home, you can expect fine, Michelin-quality cuisine in a down to earth environment. We serve a 4-o 7- course pre fixe menu, made with beautiful fresh ingredients, all hand picked in Paris by our head chef and co-owner, Dennis Huwaë. His exquisite dishes look like art, and with their many flavors and textures, his creations are a delight to the palate. Because we don’t like the atmosphere of reverence that this level of food usually comes with, we do things a little different at Daalder. We like to serve these fine dishes with a smile in a joyful, unpretentious atmosphere. And, because we strive to make delicious and beautiful food accessible, you’ll be still smiling when the bill is presented! Warm Regards, Team Daalder
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We found this in a Top 10 Guide to Amsterdam, and saw that it was only a few minutes walk from our hotel.
We were the first customers to come in for lunch. The host was very hospitable, and he explained the menu and the dishes. We chose the 2-course lunch. Menu changes according to what is fresh and in season, available at reasonable cost. Today, we had fresh pasta with pesto, tiny croutons, some shaved cheese, and nice pieces of fresh salmon. We started with flesh bread slices, olive oil or butter. Then an amuse-bouche, which had a greenish verdaine, fresh thin film of haddock, half a cherry tomato, a tiny button meringue with lime flavor--this was unusual and excellent. After the pasta and salmon was dessert, which came in a bowl of ripe strawberries alternating with cooked rhubarb stalk, ripe raspberries, tiny drops of whipped cream and again the meringue buttons with hint of lime.
In summary, this was a superb lunch fit for a discriminating gourmand. Price was very reasonable for the quality and taste. And we finished with cappuccino, and I had a taste of local jenevere. We shall return for dinner. I think this place deserves a Michelin star based on the food.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Daalder

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We love to find small authentic restaurants with great food. For us Daaler was the perfect experience!
The staff is laid back and friendly, the food is excellent and the atmosphere lively and warm.
You can choose between three, four, five or six courses and our only regret is that we only choose four..

Will definitely come back when we return to Amsterdam this fall!

The place is small and always full, so book ahead.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

If I lived in Amsterdam, I would be there once a week. The food and service are incredibly good. We went for our anniversary last week while we were visiting Europe and I am so glad I chose Daalder based on the reviews I read on TA. We did 8 courses with wine pairings and for the quality of food and wines they serve, it's a deal compared to restaurants in the states. Love, love, love this place!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

A local chef recommended Daalder to me as a small establishment with a great chef. I decided to check it out, and went with my wife and daughter. There was no menu, just a selection of the number of courses from 3 to 7. We selected a three and a five course menu. The meal was SPECTACULAR! Honestly, I've eaten at hundreds of find dining establishments around the world, and this little place was a refreshing surprise. Each course was a culinary orgasm ... I wanted more of everything. It took two hours to complete but well worth it. If you can make it, I suggest you reserve your table in advance, as we did not, and were accommodated at the bar. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We chanced upon this place and what a great find. Intrigued by the concept - a tasting menu where you choose the number of courses and have no idea what you will be served - we snapped up one of the last tables on a Monday night, and wow, were we impressed. Each course more delicious than the last, and the wine pairing excellent. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Ginger072