“Westcord Fashion Hotel - superb”

WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #32 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Westcord Fashion Hotel - superb”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

We have just arrived back home after three amazing days in Amsterdam. The Westcord Fashion Hotel is in a great location outside of the main centre of Amsterdam, however the transport system is brilliant and either tram 1 or 17 took us straight to the busy parts. Vondel park is close by for a lazy afternoon and cycling is an obvious option too, the hotel also hire these. The hotel staff are superb, we were made very welcome and as we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary the hotel and staff really made an effort to make it special for us. We arrived in our spacious, light to champagne, strawberries, chocolates and roses, with a separate loo to shower room birth were spotlessly clean. The food in the hotel was delicious and again the staff went out of their way to accommodate us and our needs. Anne in the restaurant was helpful and knowledgable and shared a few highlights of Amsterdam with us so we could enjoy ourselves. Claudia on reception again was exceptional, her welcome when we came back to the hotel after a day exploring was as if we were coming back home. If we saw staff in the lift or cleaning they all spoke and took the time to be friendly. The swimming pool although smaller than I originally expected was lovely and my husband enjoyed using the gym early in the morning before breakfast! Both Open from 7am -10pm.
I would certainly recommend Westcord Fashion Hotel, less than 30minutes train ride from the airport and 20 minutes into the city it is a perfect base for a break away.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room for great views of the city especially at night.
1 Thank Hosky1989
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Hoskey1989,
Thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and you rate us with 5 out of 5. Your compliments are very appreciated and will be shared with my entire team and Anne and Claudia in particular! I am proud to have such dedicated team members. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again in the future!
Nico Evers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 28, 2014

My Girlfriend & I have just returned from our stay in Amsterdam, I don't usually right reviews but felt on this occasion that I should - the Westcord Fashion Hotel was fantastic!
The staff were extremely helpful, the room clean & spacious (shower room/bath & separate toilet) & the hotel itself very modern with contemporary style throughout.
The location was actually very good despite not being in the city centre with easy links to the airport & Amsterdam Centre via trains & trams.
We would definitely stay here again & would strongly recommend this hotel to others.
Thank you Westcord for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank chrstphr10
NPEvers, General Manager at WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear chrstphr10,
I'm very happy that you decided to write a review about your experiences on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for staying and for recommending it to others! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests in the near future!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Stayed there for our Reunion part in August so we had few rooms. Rooms are quite good, however I was a bit surprised with Triple room, had a feeling that it wasn't what I excepted from the photos. There is a Sky bar on the top floor, and definitely worth to go for a drink. taxi to the City will cost you around 18-25 euros one way, however standard of the Hotel is worth that taxi journey. Great Value for Money!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Bart1303,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. Your compliments are really appreciated. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guests when your travel plans bring you back to Amsterdam.
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here when we went for a get away for my birthday present. It was one of the best hotels I have stayed in! When we arrived the man on the desk (Bob) was very welcoming and helpful. Giving us advice on where is best to go, gave us a map and showed us all the best places to go and visit and answered all questions we had about Amsterdam. Throughout the stay the hotel staff were great, even the cleaners in the morning would greet you.
It is also the perfect location, just far enough from the city to not be in the thick of it but also easy enough to get the centre on the tram ( only a 10 minute tram ride). The rooms were so modern and luxurious looking and the beds were so comfy!.. The shower in the bathroom was also amazing, a really nice powerful shower. The whole room was spotless with loads of mirrors and wardrobe space. Couldn't fault it at all and the rooms were also cleaned daily.
No need to worry about noise or anything either we didn't hear a think when we were staying here... Also I would recommend going to their Skyy bar, the cocktails were gorgeous and the waiters gave amazing service!
Overall an amazing hotel with amazing staff, rooms, bar everything! Definetly stay here again. Thank you Westcord for an amazing stay!

4 Thank Paige E
Dear Paige E,
"Best hotel!!” what a great start for a review!
I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel! Your review reflects our desired guest experience!
Thank you for staying and for recommending our hotel to others! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest in the near future!
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

This was honestly the perfect holiday and this hotel was one of its key features. As we arrived the staff at the desk were so helpful, as we had a little problem in being able to check in. They sorted everything out with great ease. Then when we arrived at the room, we were SO surprised. Amazing room fitted with great modern decor! Very spacious hotel overall, (something which is hard to find in such a cramped out city). Not only are the rooms great but we had breakfast there twice, and lunch twice in the reasonably priced hotel restaurant. Tram from city centre is really not far away and we found it to be a nice walk. If you go to the hotel you must visit the SKYY BAR, it was great! We got the I Amsterdam package this hotel offers, and all in all the hotel surpassed all my expectations as we Payed very little. Great value for money, definitely will stay here again!

Dear sef1995,
I'm very happy that you decided to write a review about your experiences on Tripadvisor! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for staying and for recommending! Your compliments about our breakfast, lunch and Skyybar are very appreciated! It’s great to learn that you will return! That’s the best compliment we can get! Looking forward to meet you again soon!
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Our stay in the hotel was very enjoyable, we got a high-level service throught the whole week. The hotel itself is modern and stylish, very comfortable and well-equipped. Our room was highly spacious, very tidy and cozy. We enjoyed the substantial buffet breakfasts, and once the barbecue dinner as well. The staff was always polite and extremely helpful. There is an easy access to the city centre by public transport (tram). We could use the free WIFI in our room, and the huge indoor car park (though the latter for extra cost). We loved our time at this hotel, heartily recommend it, and plan to return when we are in Amsterdam next time.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank János R
Dear János R,
Thank you for staying with us! I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. Your compliments about the cleanliness and the service of my team are very appreciated. Thank you for recommending it to others! I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again as our guest in the future.
WestCord fashion Hotel
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I came to this hotel with y boyfriend as I came to see Amsterdam and to meet his family. With regards to the hotel…what can I say? Where do I begin?
We arrived around 10:30pm and the hotel receptionist spoke both English and Dutch…she broke down everything clearly in terms of what we had paid for and the timing of breakfast and everything…she gave information on parking which was very useful.
The room was clean, the quality of sleep was also good…the cleanliness and design of the bathroom was impressive…. breakfast was delicious with a vast variety to choose from.
The hotel had a beautiful sky bar, which had an intimate setting….the hotel also has a swimming pool and spa services…..an ice machine on every floor.
Free Wifi...
In conclusion, the hotel was just amazing…and no I do not work for the hotel.. LOL…I am just a really satisfied customer who will be returning without a doubt.

3 Thank OhemaRay
Dear Ohemaray,
What a wonderful review! Thank you for staying with us and for your compliments. If you are looking for a job as a sales manager I will be more than happy to hire you .
I’m delighted to read that our services and staff have met your expectations and I do hope to get the chance to welcome you again soon!